The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Okay...I gotta ask. Cause I've been wanting to get into this show...

but ... isn't watching this show a LOT of work??

that's the part that turns me away. It sounds really tedius, strenuous, and .. well.. like WORK. hhahaa

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Lost is awesome!
I started it in December... Trevor had all the seasons up to present on his hard drive... so watching it w/o commercials is definitely the way to go... we had Lost marathons over break in Dec and watched many episodes at once 'til like 3:30 a.m.! And... I don't watch soaps, series, etc... but Lost was different... I said I'd watch two, and ended up watching all night... Now the week to week thing is annoying b/c of commercials, the weeks it's not on, etc... Trevor also told his IU buddies, no way he'd watch a show that takes all year... but after 2 episodes on the computer, he was hooked as well...

Then.... "24" came along and we watched all those from rentals... the phone ring file is my FTP notification sound....

I haven't started the current season 5 of 24... waiting for it to end, most of it is on Troy's hard drive... then we'll watch it all in a week or so.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
now 24 I can talk about. That show is AWESOME!!! haha

Got the wife-to-be and her daughter sucked in by making them promise to just watch 2 episodes. Since then, we've got ALL the seasons...

and while we're watching this season week to week, I can tell you....watching them on DVD has it's pro's and cons.

the pro's....no commercials, better flow!

the con's...no sleep! You can't stop watching. YOu tell yourself...just one more...one more episode. Next thing you know, it's 3 am!! hahaha

24 rules!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I love Lost, got my wife hooked on it also. There is something about the mystirius island, crazy people.
I like the way everyone on that plane crossed paths one way or another before, each character has something for most people.
And what's up with the "others"?
Very good show.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
We watched 24 to catch up until I'd be asleep half-way through an episode and then the next evening... start on the one I slept through... Steve won't watch any of them... just me and the boys... and both shows are filmed so well and acted so well... different from regular television... I haven't seen season 5 yet... will be starting it next week... it's all on Troy's computer except the past couple three...

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skeety said:
Okay...I gotta ask. Cause I've been wanting to get into this show...

but ... isn't watching this show a LOT of work??

that's the part that turns me away. It sounds really tedius, strenuous, and .. well.. like WORK. hhahaa
Its by no meand tedious or strenuous. I was really turned off buy it at first. The whole Polar Bear on a tropical island thing annoyed me. But, I gave it a second chance and have been hooked ever since.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I've never seen it, and I heard it's tough to jump into, so....oh well...

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ShirleyM said:
My African Grey is likely to start saying "Previously, on 24..." after we watched so many in a row in her presence...

Who is Jack Bauer:
http://people.bu.edu/sidm/jb.html
lol

A friend of mine had a pet bird(don't remember what kind) that would whistle the Andy Griffith theme song over and over again. It was enough to drive you nuts.

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
whatevva said:
I've never seen it, and I heard it's tough to jump into, so....oh well...
Lost would be tough to jump into... start at the beginning and it'll suck you in (or not) in the first 3 episodes... and if it does, then it's worth the ride...

24 is not so tough to jump into, but why miss the beginning seasons when they're all so good... (or not, in which case, you'll know after an episode or two)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
ShirleyM said:
24 is not so tough to jump into, but why miss the beginning seasons when they're all so good... (or not, in which case, you'll know after an episode or two)
That is true. If you've not been watching it from the beginning, you can understand what is going on, but to really appreciate the story line, you need to know all the way back to day one.

24: if you don't know 24, you don't know Jack...

:D

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
forenpa1 said:
Lost, 24 and for some strange reason House are by far the best shows on !
hahaha...so funny you mentioned that.

We were too lazy to change the remote one night, and watched House. Been hooked ever since.

I HATE hospital shows...WAY too many of them.

But House is just such a smart ***, that I have to watch this show. He's hillarious, in my opinion. NEVER holds back..just a really sarcastic character. I LOVE it!!! hahaha

1 - 20 of 42 Posts