The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one of the chromis almost dead in the tank this afternoon. He had one part of his tail fin missing last week and the other part missing this week, now he's a goner. I flushed him down the toilet. :cry:
I believe that my black and white damsel beat the crap out of him. There were no unusual spots or markings on his body. Poor thing. This is the same damsel that killed my peppermint shrimp in my nano a few months ago. This damsel has go to go! :angry: I'll have to get a fish trap to get him out of the 30 gallon.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The damsel is definitely out of the tank! I think that the nine gallon nano is going to be his home. No other fish in this tank; only snails and hermits.

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
i was told by my saltwater mentor that when i have a sick fish that needs to be put down, that i should wrap it in a paper towel or the like and put him in the freezer. it is suppose to be a painless death unlike the toilet disposal. can you imagine being dumped into a septic tank to die a nasty death? or flushed down a system full of freshwater body waste? i treat my fish like i treat my other pets. as humanely as possible. but don't think that i am the mushy tree hugging type. i will run over a cat in a heartbeat when the situation arises.LOL

angry gary,(with a wry smile!)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Angry Gary on behave of cats:

"What can we all do to him?!?!?!?!"

JK

Thanks for the freezer idea. That sounds like a plan for any future losses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts