The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a loosing battle these last couple of days. my tongue coral just doesn't seem to be doing good no matter where i place it. i have other lps corals that are doing great, my purple trumpet is dividing,the orange brain has grown. but this one is slowly starting to die. more and more of its calcified structure is starting to appear, creating a bone band across the middle of it. i have even seen my cleaner shrimps snacking on it now. is it possible to save this coral? can i snap it in half and try to save a piece? and help greatly appreciated.
:cool:

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Ouch :( I don't no diddley bout tongue coral, but is it slowly wasting, or showing signs of dead tissue? Problem with fraggin big LPS(non branching) is getting the tissue to seperate without harming it.
Have you tried an Iodine dip? I would start there I think and examine it closely to see if there are any parasites that may be causing problems. Hopefully someone else will chime in

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Any tiny small white snail that are cone shape on the bottom of it or the flesh. I know they attack clams and eventually the clam dies! Gotta look real close to see them!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doug, haven't tried an iodine dip, never done it.
mmr, no snails to be found. i have removed the coral from the tank. its in a seperate holding contianer now.
:(

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Have you checked the Cat???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts