The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......YUP, just double checked. 🤔 😁......HAPPY TUESDAY!

Another 3:30 am wake up, and coffee'd up by 4:30 am, and here I am. Spent the last 2 nights in Nate's room as the Mrs. and Stella, the little girl we're watching while Her Mommy is having Her little Sister, are enjoying MY Serta.

Warm'ish at the moment, 53 heading to 55 heading to 23 degrees tonight......and heavy rains at the moment turning partly cloudy latter......TAKE YOUR PICK?

Hope You found 'peace' last night Doug.......they are the tough ones.

Looking forward to a belly filling breakfast eventually round here, but not till the snoring has diminished. Hope the day rises full of wonder for Y'All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. Today being Mardi Gras (we used to call it Fasnacht Day in PA), let’s have beignets and King cake. We can have bananas foster and other goodies later... I’ll try to post a photo soonish.

Hack - Hopefully that baby is born by now!

And how are your new recliners?

Doug - That’s tough about seeing a Kai twin last night.

Jeff - Smart move not to take King to the vet yesterday. Hope you can get out to help your mom today.

Looks like much of Texas is without power. I wonder how Jerry is doing?

Lots of love and hugs and oeace tp everyone!

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Morning all, 38 and dark again, getting to be a pattern. Upper 40s later with some rain. I am going to have a better day, i just know it. Cath check yesterday am post, I figured out how to pull pics from tablet gallery so i got the Kai Clone pic up. I do like that whether on laptop or tablet the look on
forum is same rather than the old mobile mode

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good morning Cath n Doug! Answered my question already Doug......asked in yesterday's post if'n that was the 'clone' or Kai. I'll send groovy vibes your way Pal for a banner day.

NOPE.....no 'little Sister' yet. In fact, last I heard, She's going the wrong direction.:unsure:

50 here at the moment, with a fresh breeze.....BUT you can feel your fingers, and that's good enough for us.....PLAN-A hitting shooting range this morning.

Tootles,
Hack
Ooooooops......SORRY! 1613485277431.png

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
No foot of snow. Got some, then some kind of clear snow. Maybe 4" on the ground.

Had to do my trick of backing into the garage, then laying some rubber to get the Sentra on the road today. The Ranger, of course, was 4wd getting out then for a patch headed to Lowes at 6 am that was not plowed at all.

Denise's job declared a snow day. That is great, but this means no loud music and a few interruptions trying to get stuff done in the basement. I just give up and help her when we work together.

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts

I wanted to add that before I posted a whole long message replying to everyone. Being on my MacBook made it easy for me. ;)

Too bad I can’t correct the gross misspelling of Mardi Gras on that graphic.

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Morning all, 38 and dark again, getting to be a pattern. Upper 40s later with some rain. I am going to have a better day, i just know it. Cath check yesterday am post, I figured out how to pull pics from tablet gallery so i got the Kai Clone pic up. I do like that whether on laptop or tablet the look on
forum is same rather than the old mobile mode
I’ll check that out, Doug.
Yup, I like the look and feel of the new software.

Hack - Uh-oh on the breech birth for the little girl trying to be born.
Have fun at the shooting range.

Perry - The thought of a surprise icy patch in the dark gets your attention, but good.
Some friends of mine live in Houston, and they Those are dealing with massive planned power outages due to not enough power to handle the extreme cold and wind. Both industry and residential are in tye power shut down.

Everyone have a groovy afternoon, one way or t’other.👋🏻👋🏻

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Better get a move on before I got tell Jen, 'a Girl beat me'. THAT was an awfully ugly 'nice 50 degree day'......drizzle/mist, in any case damp, and a fresh breeze made it feel.....NOT 55! Did have a great afternoon at the range with Hack....yeah that poor boy has too much of me and my Brother in him....He's condemned to be a 'Hack'. I'm bundled up like Frosty the Snowman, and He has my Hawaiian shirt on......did convince him to wear his boots rather than the flip flops.
20210216_143659(0)_resized.jpg 20210216_125240_resized.jpg 20210216_125137_resized.jpg

Was a Boys day out and we hit Applebee's for nourishment .......huh.....don't get your fingers too close.

The little one is spending....TRYING TO SPEND tonight at Her other Grandparents house......I got a $1.00 ridding against THAT happening. Little Sister getting close, and perhaps already.........?

Hope a swell evening unfurls for All you groovy People,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all

Looks like I got what snow was meant for Perry, in addition to what was guessed originally . Think the expert snow total for my locale was 9", but dunno how they come up with any kind of number since with the winds last/overnite, I had bare sidewalk patches AND 4' drifts. 1/2 hr got 16" of the white stuff,,, stinks to be them , heheh. The ol lake effect snow was to blame for their extra snow, with that county calling a winter storm warning even before we got any snow, because they got 8" of lake effect the nite before the rest of us did. Surprisingly the roads (at the end of my driveway AND the state maintained ones) were not that shabby this morning on a short road trip for gas and diesel.Was more surprised that our county road was as "nice" as it was, but both state and county roads were a bit icy/slick under what thin layer of snow left after plowing.At least i did not have to "drive by rut" as the norm/usual.

Put in about 5 hrs of snow relocation, first snow throw'd walkways n patios and decks, then fired up the Deere to clear driveway and fenced in back yard for the long n low dawgs. Mt. Scruffy is now the size of a full size Chevy van , VW bug is so yesterday's news.Light plowing in the side field for access to pole barn, CRV is 4WD, but lacks in ground clearance. Cleared bird feeder area, so the boids had a better go at tossed on the ground seed mix and peanuts, along with refilling of the actual feeders of many configurations. Attendance after refilling confirmed they are hungry, along with the fact a few feeders were bare this morning, after refilling them before the evening storm.

Re-scheduled going north to de-snow Mom's place, up north roads were still lousy according to media reports. So first thing in the am, I'll be there tackling walk behind snow relocation devices, I'm getting spoiled by the seated efforts here, heheh.

I somehow have forgotten to fire up the snowmobile yet this season, not like there is not enuf snow currently, geez.

Was my turn to drive into town for dinner take-out, Blyth was asking if I had any ideas for dinner, as usual I said, not really. I knew she was not in the mood/planning on cooking, so she mentioned mexican grub (or pizza), both were prefaced with "do you want to run and get,,,,," as in ME. I confirmed the ME part and got a "well I cooked that great meal for Valentine's Day",, so I knew there was no getting out of it, haha.

Other than getting a 2nd set of clothes to change into after tomorrow's snow relocation, nothing else on the evening's docket , except comfy chair time. Max is with Blyth reading in the bedroom, so I might have some solo seat time, until/unless Max hears me come upstairs,, oh well.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Evening all, been a long day. Came home to Puter that showed Blue Screen of Death ish symptoms, finally tried the old Control/Alt/Delete and got it back. I really need time to update everything after restore and several critical apps I use meed reinstalled but I can only deal with so much at one time.
Got a goodly chunk of tri tip in crock pot with spuds and accouterments. GRAND COULEE it smells good in here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts