The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy each of these. Can anyone help? I really need the Clown to be about 2" or larger, so it can defend itself against a 2" Neon Dottyback. Same size goes for the Flame Angel. I really don't want either one to be very big, since they are going in a 40 gal hex tank. For the Fire Shrimp, I need it to be fairly large, so it can survive in a tank with an Arc Eye Hawkfish that's 2- 2 1/2".

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i dont think thats such a good idea. all those fish need alot of room to swim and not high room but long room. the hexagon does not provide that. i would say at 48 inches is good for flame angel and 24 to 36 inches for a medium maroon clown.

not saying this is what your going by but i would stay far away from the inch per gallon rule.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean. The front is not as long as the back. The back is 36". The front has the flat piece with two angled pieces. The sides are just like normal tanks, and the back is flat like a normal tank. The front is really the only side that keeps it from being a rectangle.

I probably just made that really confusing. Sorry.

·
Registered
395 Posts
thats only 8 inches of fish for a 40 gal will be getting close to limit but should be ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts