The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for SPS coral suggestion & I now will not sign off after this post is finish>

I sign on again on my daughters compuiter and this time I will not sign out hoping that im in to ask and answer things.

I am however deep into more SPS coral search and hopefully many here could assist me on the type of corals that im more desire to have.

I again will add that if this time I cannot get back in after this post, the reeftank staff might as well remove my membership for by the time I can post anything, the answers would already be giving too me.

This is sad and know that I had this trouble else were as well, not just here and it might be due to my new computer, I no idea in why this has been happening.

So please do take the time to suggest any rare are SPS coral beautiful in its colors. I do know now that many coral are having different names due to sale sites or other forums or net sites.

I am going with 250 watts MH, as time goes by, I will have further details on the lighting of these tanks. I will have not need to get off line, but once again, I will not sign out and when I goi on my home computer, hopefully im still in. I will as well email me this post link to try to ensure the fact that I can return, again this is what I hope happens>

Buddy :cry:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Don't know about them being rare but I love the pink birdsnest and orange and purple rimmed plating monty.
some from reefscience.com

some on sale

<TABLE class=itable><TBODY><TR><TD>Name:</TD><TD>Encrusting Montipora from Indonesia</TD></TR><TR><TD>Color/Size:</TD><TD>Purple w/ Red Polyps / 5"(W)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Item ID:</TD><TD>0318356</TD></TR><TR><TD>Price:</TD><TD>$99.00 SALE $89</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Wow! Great Color!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=itable><TBODY><TR><TD>Name:</TD><TD>Acropora sp. from Indonesia COLONY</TD></TR><TR><TD>Color/Size:</TD><TD>Bright Green / 3-4"(W)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Item ID:</TD><TD>0325012</TD></TR><TR><TD>Price:</TD><TD>$59.00 SALE $34</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>CEO Says It Must Go!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=itable><TBODY><TR><TD>Name:</TD><TD>Pink Birds Nest Frags</TD></TR><TR><TD>Color/Size:</TD><TD>Bright Pink / 2"(L)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Item ID:</TD><TD>0716206</TD></TR><TR><TD>Price:</TD><TD>$34.00 SALE $20</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>WOW! Fast Grower!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not all sps corals are rare, I like just the same the sps coral that cost perhaps as less as $40 that its the color of the coral and all. I so far sign off line on aol and were able to get backl in with no trouble. I will check back when im back at home and try and see if im still in.

All I am mainly asking for aare a liosting of beautiful SPS corals and rare ones as well. Im here at my daughters a lone with three young pest and their right in front of me on their computer taking turns with fighting for it as well and is why I can get on line now.

So any opthers who can help me in this search, I would be very thankful.

Buddy

And after I post this second time, I seen the corals, I do hope that I will still be in when I get back home and the plate M coral, I love those

PS, I like your Avator :thumbup:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Thanks. Here is the link http://reefscience.com/to reef science. They are more expensive than some places but when you order it is usually what you see is what you get so well worth it imho.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
are you on dial up or broadband? If aol is your only provider I wouldn't be surprised if they are your problem. I finally had to remove all of their software because it was locking up my computer. I went round and round with them, they kept saying it was my computer but as long as aol was closed all of my other programs worked without a problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that is what aol resigned me up with and I been having this problem ever sinse, and they are pointing the finger elsewhere.

Tonight I will put together a post that I will post in this thread. I will put it together with some pics and email it to myself. I will be using photobucket, but I will email myself both links for the photos and see if that works, for if not, I not be able to post anything other then my say of what I will have later on and seeing is more believing, is it not?

I went through a whole series of computer programs with aol, and it did nothing. I had this problem with a few the other sites that I joined up with as OldManOfTheSea and it not mattered as much that I put in a request with those to revoke my membership. But here at thereeftank, I strrongly wish to stay.

Also I see where you said that you had other programs running while trying to sign in, I had at times and not had anything open other then the site here. But I will try again just the same later tonight.

Buddy

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Reefscience is great shop, Chad runs a nice import business, just give him a buzz, he is quite happy to speak wih aquarists about what your setup is and what will work best for the biotope you are attepting to emulate.

HTH

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I dig the green montis with purple ribs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jena, I like your clear / upclose photos.. something I cant seem to achieve. I use a 3 megapixel digital. Its an early one ( cost 900 bucks.. same thing is less than 120 now) and it wont take any closeup lens..

Any suggestions ?

·
Professional Tread Killer
754 Posts
Jena, I'm going to later when the time try this, I will remove AOL programs and reinstall to see if this would help any.

Buddy
honestly bud.. if you have anything aol on your computer.. i would look for a reset disk and just start over.. .. uninstalling it isn't gonna get rid of it all.. and if you still use aol im stuff.. get trillian or something .. don't even leave the messenger..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I will check that link later and Im not doing that with aol as what I said>

Its time now to make the coral list selection!
This is only the start to whats to come, and thanks ;)

Here are some leathers which I selected and the question mark means if I can manage to keep it at all in stronger water currents. I'm more or less planning two leathers for the 240 and only one in the 180 and this is to start the aging of these tanks before any SPS corals. Least of the SPS corals that demand stronger lighting>

White Spaghetti Leather Coral (Sinularia flexibis)***
Yellow Polyp Toadstool Leather Coral (Sarcophyton sp.)**?
Fiji Yellow Leather Coral (Sarcophyton elegans)***?
CORAL, LEATHER FINGER (Sinularia)***
CORAL, CAULIFLOWER (Nephthea)*?

Now here in this part of the selection, I might have any one coral listed twice and this would be due to two reasons. One is I tend to forget and the other be that the names sometimes can be changed around somewhat and are the same coral. So please, if this is what I have on any coral selection, then be sure to point those out so that I wouldn't buy the very same coral. Also in this part of the list, the question mark can mean a few things like if the coral is really beautiful or not so beautiful. For the images available at most links not do these corals an justice. Also the question mark can mean if the tanks I would be keeping, if their will be ideal for that coral, meaning lighting and water currents. And aggression level would do well to know.

Blue Ridge Coral - Heliopora coerulea : Blue Fire Coral
Acropora sp. (Purple Staghorn Coral)**
Anthelia sp. (Waving Hand Coral) (colors)
Caulestrea sp. (Candy or Trumpet Coral)?
Alveopora (Branch) Coral - Alveopora species
Wildwood Bottle Brush Acropora Coral =(Acropora aculeus)***
Lobophyllia Brain (Red) - Lobophyllia species?
Flower Pot Coral - Goniopora lobata
Flower Pot Coral, Goniopora Coral (Goniopora djiboutiensis) **?
Pocillopora eydouxi. Antler Coral
Purple Tip Frogspawn Coral (Euphyllia paradivisa)**?
(Plerogyra sinuosa) Bubble Coral **?
Screaming Green Birdsnest Coral (Seriatopora guttatus)***?
Pink Stylophora (Stylophora sp.)**
Vivid Blue Tort (Acropora Tortuosa)***?
Orange Montipora digitata
(Montipora digitata) ***
Purple Rimmed Capricornis
(Montipora capricornis) ***
Orange/Pink Montipora Capricornis ***
Acropora microphthalma (Acropora microphthalma) **
Acropora Cerealis (Acropora cerealis) *
Van Gogh Acropora Coral (Acropora insignis)***
Sunrise Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora yongei)***
Royal Tipped Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora microphthalma)***
Northwoods Tri-color Acropora Coral (Acropora valida)
Neon Vermiculata Acropora Coral (Acropora vermiculata)**
Midnight Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora formosa)
Kohen's Echinata Acropora Coral (Acropora echinata)***
Green Spiny Acropora Coral (Acropora pectiniatus)
Green Prostrata Acropora Coral (Acropora prostrata)*?
Green and Purple Table Acropora Coral (Acropora clathrata)*
Fireside Acropora Coral (Acropora tenuis)**
Cranberry Tip Acropora Coral (Acropora sarmentosa)**
Bula Blue Acropora Coral (Acropora samoensis)***
Blue Tip Tongan Fuzzy Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora aspera)?
Aquamarine Tip Acropora Coral (Acropora nasuta)?
Blue Mesa Acropora Coral (Acropora hyacinthus)?
Blue Tip Kimbeensis Acropora Coral (Acropora kimbeensis)***
Purple Polyp Plating Montipora encrusting coral (Montipora peltiformis)?
Hodag's Montipora Coral (Montipora confusa)?
Royal Tipped Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora microphthalma)***
Blueberry Staghorn Acropora Coral (Acropora kirstyae)?
Australian Delicate Staghorn Coral (Acropora sp.)**
Blue Acropora Millepora Coral (Acropora millepora)**
Van Gogh Acropora Coral (Acropora insignis)***
Snow White Acropora Coral (Acropora sp.)**
Marshall Island, Tri Color Acropora Corals (Acropora sp.)?
Purple Paradise Acropora Coral (Acropora loripes)?
Tenuis, Green with Purple Tips (Acropora tenuis)***
Northwoods Tri-color Acropora Coral (Acropora valida)*
Neon Vermiculata Acropora Coral (Acropora vermiculata)**

Now understand that the list of coral names I collected through the past few years due to the fact that I will be having my reef tanks in full working functions at some time. That the coral names differ from one link to another depending on where one looks.

Now the star symbol means, three stars I favor that coral the most and two is just under the most favorites and one and then no star meaning I can have that coral or not.

Also, that is still a small part of the list of corals I in my word pad, that im sure as well that many corals I could had copied any number of times>

Buddy ><{{{{">

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://oldmanofthesea38.blogspot.com/

That is a link which im able to post a number of pics at one time and not croud the threads with pics for I will be asking about as many as 500 coral if not more. I forget things and I was to post that link some weeks ago, Sorry. I need what any imput I can get on the corals and I changed some of their listing as to the type of coral they might be. Thanks

Buddy

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Jena, I like your clear / upclose photos.. something I cant seem to achieve. I use a 3 megapixel digital. Its an early one ( cost 900 bucks.. same thing is less than 120 now) and it wont take any closeup lens..

Any suggestions ?
Those all came from reefscience. I would kill to take shots like that. I have a really cheap camera and it takes horrible pics. I am looking into a new camera. I wish I had the money to invest in a camera with diffent macro lens but unfortunatly I spend all my money on corals.
I am thinking of going with one of these
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5148564

Oldman of the sea:
Love the shots! Hope you get things with your computer working. Did I mention I hate AOL! What phone company do you use? I have bell south well now at&t, but my dsl is thru them. I have not had any problems with them and it is really fast.

·
Great TANG LOVER!
620 Posts
My favorite SPS Genus is probably Millipora. I have had EXCEPTIONAL luck with the ORA frags. I bought several about a year ago and the quickly became good sized colonies! I also LOVE my Blue Tort!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts