The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some pics of the reefs in the indo-pacific region. Trying to get ideas for how to aquascape the new 34g. Posts pics or links to pics here.

I'm specifically looking for rock, clownfish and anemone pics.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pics in the link!

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
I want to see pics after it's set up and running. Sounds really cool. What clown fish and anemone are you planning to keep?

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to see pics after it's set up and running. Sounds really cool. What clown fish and anemone are you planning to keep?
I already have a pair of true percs. One is a normal True Percula and the other is a Black Onyx True Percula.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a bit more research, I have found that the home territory of the True Percula is the Indo-Pacific areas of New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. Still looking for reef pics but more in this area now.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Are you planning a sump or refuge for this system? What are the dimensions of the tank?
If keeping with the natural theme, you will only have three anemones to choose from. Crispa, Magnifica, and Gigantea. None of which are easy to keep in my opinion. You may have the best luck with Crispa, but even this anemone may be difficult if 34gl is the total water volume. It can be done. You will just have to stay on top of water quality, and not get lazy like I do.

·
Super Moderator
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you planning a sump or refuge for this system? What are the dimensions of the tank?
If keeping with the natural theme, you will only have three anemones to choose from. Crispa, Magnifica, and Gigantea. None of which are easy to keep in my opinion. You may have the best luck with Crispa, but even this anemone may be difficult if 34gl is the total water volume. It can be done. You will just have to stay on top of water quality, and not get lazy like I do.
At this point there will be no sump. Possibly after my move.

Tank is 20" X 20" X 20"

I am still undecided on the anemone.

Keeping up on the maintenance on this tank will not be a problem. Because of the evaporation rate, I have to do daily maintenance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts