The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
normally I would not post such a request in the general reef topix, but somehow in the move I have lost my volume of Captive Seawater Fishes: Science & Technology by Stephen H. Spotte, Hardcover / June 1991 / 0471545546.

I will buy one used if the book is not highlighted or written in, I'll be checking on ebay as well, if any of you live in a town where this textbook is available in a student bookstore or have a volume that you'd like to sell, please email or pm me, it seems to be becoming difficult to find at a reasonable price.

TIA.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Holy cow; that's a spendy one, Tommy :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I am really bummed about loosing this book, I have found all the boxes for the study and have not found this book yet, I am still kind of hoping that it will turn up in some of the "mics study" boxes. Looks like the book has gotten a little more expensive now, I think I paid around $125 US for it...

I hate moving.:mad:

Goeff, not sure that Duke would have it, as it would be geared towards folks in oceanography programs or professional public aquaria, but if the bookstores have it and you can get it at a good price, I will make it worth your while!

Lemmeno, I am still looking for any other boxes that might have been mislabled in the move, but I definitely will be replacing it if it doesn't turn up.

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thamks for looking Shirley, I have found a source for a new one at $145 US, I am holding off for a bit, hoping that the one I already own will turn up. I also am missing a collection of articles on calcification that Thomas Goreau put together along with Dubinsky as a review. It unfortunately is irreplacable, I can't help but think that these have been packed away together and mislabled for the move.

Thanks for all the input folks, still looking though.

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Geoff said:
WOW, not the book i want to find missing after a move!!!:eek:

i do not think Duke would have it, but i can look, if you think an education discount would help.

G~
NC State might have it...or the branch down in Wilmington.

:eek: Tom! I know I labeled each box I packed Books!

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh!!! I am hoping that these books are together from the nightstand or from my reading area in the old house and not packed with the rest of the library (btw, thanks for helping pack all that stuff, professional help is ALWAYS welcome!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts