The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my skimmer has sprung a leak at the screw nutt that is attached the the arm that connects the pump to the reaction chamber i hope that i am explaining that correctly:help:.

However it was a odyssea PS160 I contacted Aquatraders to inquire regarding the replacement of this part but in the mean time I have been thinking about upgrading anyway so I could really use some good advise for a new skimmer.

Thank you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Look into reef octopus HOB skimmers. How big is your tank?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Eshopps PSK100-H, I have owned both OCT BH 100SS and PSK100-h in the past and IME the PSK was easier to clean easier to adjust and proformed just as well or better.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Eshopps PSK100-H, I have owned both OCT BH 100SS and PSK100-h in the past and IME the PSK was easier to clean easier to adjust and proformed just as well or better.
And its also the first suggestion that meets the criteria he listed! Good skimmer

·
Registered
293 Posts
yes that is a good price and with any hang-on skimmer you will need to adjust to your water level, if you let your water level drop 3 inches you will need to adjust but if you keep it with a 1/2 inch to 1 inch level changes then you should be able to set for wet skimming and have it wean down to a dry skim on the low side but still working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts