The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well, we finally fixed and set up the 55 gal that was unsuccessfully drilled at a meeting. The overflows are black along with the outside back and it looks great.
I bought a new house and will be moving in a month and would like to do the same thing to my tank (drilled and overflows), but I was thinking it would be alot easier if I just bought a new/used tank to drill and had it basiclly set up in my new house before I started to move my current tank. So....to make a long story short...I was wondering if anyone had a 75 gal tank that they wanted to sell. I have the whole setup already, so I'm only looking for a tank. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carol

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
I've got a 90 that I am selling.
You know if you get a 75, you'll just wish you had gotten a 90. ;)
Same footprint as a 75.

It's drilled with 2 bulkheads in the back corners, back is painted blue.

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Nice Clyde :p

Carol,

Tank only (with the 2 bulkhead fittings)....$200

I used the bulkheads as drains and plumbed the return line up and over the back. One caveat: some folks don't like the rear bulkhead drain system because it can be noisier than a "normal" overflow depending on the amount of flow you want to put through the overflows. I used a Mag 12 about 2/3 flow and it was by no means noisy. I personally like the method because it compromises no tank space with overflow boxes. My philosophy is that you want large volumes of in-tank turnover, not sump to tank turnover anyway - especially if your sump doubles as a refugium.

It's in excellent condition, meaning no scratches.
It was used under 3 years.

(and it's got a legacy....RC TotM of April 2003 ;))

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Scuba... If you still have the tank, I would love to buy it from you for $80.00. That is exactly the price range I was looking for. Let me know...I promise I will look at the thread more often.

Thanks,
Carol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.