The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......DRATS, 🤔 .....you know what THAT means for tomorrow don't Ya?

Top of the morning Y'All, and HAPPY MONDAY! I guess, we'll refer to this as a part of the 4th of July 'LONG WEEKEND'. Even though I got called into work yesterday morning, and worked Saturday......still kinda a long'ish weekend.

Coffee is up, and a rather full battle PLAN for our day lies ahead......in a relaxing fashion of course.
Will be starting the smoker around 9 for our big meal this evening.....Brisket of course, but there's a Pork loin, and an Eye Roast being weighed for consideration as well. THAT would be a lot of food, and ain't sure, as usual as to the head count?

A nice, summer day is advertised🤔:rolleyes:, and most of the 'known' Guests will be of the under 5' sort, whom burgers n dogs would please more probably. ONLY 2 cups of joe so far cranking the brain over....have time yet for the elevator to reach the top floor.

I sure hope wondrous things grab All in a truly groovy way,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. SC peaches to start our breakfast, plus cereals of your choice.

I loved reading about your 4th of July happenings. Food and fun that spills over to today!

My hubby was a lot like that. We lived in an apartment complex and were part of the entertainment committee. Each 4th of July we had a great pig pickin’ and everyone brought a covered dish. I need to find a photo of my hubby at the cooker.

Doug - tell us about the parade!

Etc, etc, etc.....

Lots of love and hugs and oeace to everyone!

·
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top of the morning Cath! Would love to see pics of past memories!!

Heading out in the yard now, for the umptiscrumthed time, and will fire up the 'smoke make'.....
First batch of company may be here any moment, but the bum rush will be latter in the day. 'Heat wave' shows back up again today around here, 90+, so pool will be a big draw.....probably more even than my stoic groovy looks. ;)

Let's go wring some FUN out of today,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,029 Posts
Morning all, parade wa s nice it was good to see folks out and enjoying the day without a lot of PC djvision. I have some pics but due to being at work I was not able to do as much as I would like

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Hack - I think I smell your meat smoking way down here.Save me some slaw and a bun. What’s for desert?

Morning all, parade wa s nice it was good to see folks out and enjoying the day without a lot of PC djvision. I have some pics but due to being at work I was not able to do as much as I would like
Agreed that your parade should not be tainted with political strife. Just plain fun!
It’s understandable that being at work prevented you from taking a lot of photos. Post what you can.

·
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barely past the meridian, and have had 13 guests past through so far.......Not even beginning to see the Folks that we're supposed to see yet. Glad I'm cooking fer an army/Navy.

Southern cole slaw and rolls set aside Cath, and beans in bourbon n brown sugar to dip it in.
Back to grooviness,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,029 Posts
sounds like a time, Hack, I got a big rack f beef ribs that I just seasoned, slowcooked in oven then rest, sauce and sear as needed. May have to go finish a shift for someone since someones Covid lie has rippled way beyong. Long story but needless to say former emloyees are "Former" for a reason

·
Super Moderator
27,223 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Barely past the meridian, and have had 13 guests past through so far.......Not even beginning to see the Folks that we're supposed to see yet. Glad I'm cooking fer an army/Navy.

Southern cole slaw and rolls set aside Cath, and beans in bourbon n brown sugar to dip it in.
Back to grooviness,
Hack
Thanks for the fixin’s for a slaw sammich, Hack! I can handle that. Whatever you have for dessert, I’ll take a wee portion.

Do you have an Neuro appt tomorrow?

sounds like a time, Hack, I got a big rack f beef ribs that I just seasoned, slowcooked in oven then rest, sauce and sear as needed. May have to go finish a shift for someone since someones Covid lie has rippled way beyong. Long story but needless to say former emloyees are "Former" for a reason
What a sorry so&so! Too bad you have to go back to work, though.

Here’s hoping for grooviness to reign for the evening.

·
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Gang! Buttoning up for the night, and going to go lay down and hug my air conditioner.....MUGGINESS comes forth!

Had +/- 30'ish people blessing us with their presents today....A LOT of 1st timers. 'Smok'n meats' will have that effect.

Too pooped to regale, shall in am.
Peace,
Hack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts