The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......well it sounded good anyway.

Top of the morning Everyone, and.....HAPPY TUESDAY! Another chance for the weathermen to be wrong/right....they say T/S this morning, and according to how dry the dogs just felt when I let em out they're not off to a good start.

Coffee of course is up, and how about some good old fashioned PB+J on toast.....butter of course.

A chance of one of the scarce 'slow weeks' appear to be forming at work......but we did get the 1st 2 'storage boats' out, and 'winterized and prepped for shrink wrapping' yesterday. (y) The mightiest land slides start with just a little dust.

THANK YOU Jeff for that amazing report......doesn't bore us a lick......we look forward to them.

Let's go shake the pijeepers out of today and look for the grooviness,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Hack- Thanks for the coffee and PB and J on toast. I will add sliced apples and nanners.
Hope you don’t get washed out with your work today.
By the way, what do you use to shrink wrap a boat? How do you get that on a boat… how many people does it take to shrink wrap a boat? I should’ve asked this long ago.

Mornin Hack, & all to follow. Dealing with some employee issues at the moment. I hate that part of the job.
Yuck! That is no fun. That was part of my job at the library for 10 years, and I hated it.

Vinnie - What do you know about hair pictures? The photos below are two different views of a hair picture that my great grandmother created from her own locks. My niece now this beautiful work. I have heard that they’re not a great monetary value, but the family doesn’t care anything about that.

Plant Branch Twig Art Tree

Brown Wood Rectangle Textile Plant

Everyone have a groovy day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Coffee is done, took my little thyroid pill like the doctor told me to. I have speech therapy today. Fun it’s not.
it going to be cooler for the next few days. 65 right not going to hit mid 80’s and lower humidity.
Cath, those hair pieces were common during the late 1800’s and are collected by some. I think back in the Victorian times they used the hair from a deceased to create memorial. Over the years I have sold a few. I think they are very cool.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Bleah with speach therapy. Hope it goes well, though.

Thanks for the info about hair pictures. I think my great grandmother made this when she was possibly 30 years old. No way to find out now.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Cool pics of the hair things.

Vinnie hope it is going well with therapy.

One of my coworkers grenaded in front of the customers, then quit. Looks like I will be busier now.

Nice day with highs in the 60's. Nice break to cool down a little.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not this particular vendor Cath, but similar product......size depends on size of boat. Again depending on size, 1-5 men drag it over the boat, held in place with 'belly bands'(heavy string) around and under the hull, and then heated with a propane torch. As you heat it it shrinks and becomes tight. Shrunk my 1st storage boat of the season this afternoon, a 2 person endeavor.

Some jobs require 50' wide rolls, and 5 people to accomplish the task.....mostly covering it, and holding it against the winds that kick up till it gets tacked down in places.

Burnt fingers, and loss of body/facial hair is the usual injuries.....OFTEN!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'Employee issues'.......yup. Enjoy. I'd rather chew on your neighbors toe nails personally, but the boss dislikes it more than i evidently because He tasks me with those jobs......toilets flush down hill. :confused:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of my coworkers grenaded in front of the customers, then quit. Looks like I will be busier now.
See above.
We have one. the 'Troll' that does that almost constantly, and has no filter on his big mouth.....BUT the boss tolerates him because of the lack of people wanting to work for a living. I told the boss to fire hime almost from day one. He got in my face.......the guy in high heels may reach my chest, and with a big lunch may hit 75 lbs. I wasn't really quaking in my sneakers, BUT.....people like that are dangerous. And its bad moral having that kind a person around......had a similar guy a handful of years ago slashed my desk up.

One of the many reasons I've had my fill, and counting down to retirement Brother.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OH.....,.the boss requested I not only don't kill him, but try to be nice. WHY?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good evening everyone,

It’s beautiful outside, not too hot or humid and sunny.
My appointment went well, my speech therapist is moving to North Carolina about 40 from Fayetteville, home of the 82nd Airborne. Too bad he leaving been seeing him since 2019 during treatment.
I change water in both seahorse tanks today. And placed a HOB filter on the 36 bow front with the under gavel filter. Mainly for water clarity and more movement.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good evening!

Hack - Thanks for the description of doing that shrink wrap around the boat. I kind of thought that’s what it was like but I wanted to hear your description of it. Sounds like a tough job.
Argghhh! I didn’t know that you were given the task of firing people, or if not firing then reprimanding. Don’t blame you one bit that you want to get out of that mess.

Vinnie, sorry to hear that your speech therapist is moving. I hope your next one does a good job treats you right. That’s a job isn’t it?

Perry, what a nightmare at work you had! I hope the rest of your week will be a great improvement over today.

I think this group needs a heavy dose of grooviness tonight. So be it. I bet Hack can dish up something great for us tonight to get us started.

As for me, mighty- niterzzz

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think this group needs a heavy dose of grooviness tonight. So be it. I bet Hack can dish up something great for us tonight to get us started.
You betcha Cath.....a super snore along in the mold of 'follow the bouncing ball' from Mitch Miller and the gang fame. :cool: I'll lead us off......
Azure Bird Gesture Font Beak

H...zzzzzz....

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Night all, got youtube cranking out mellow tunes off TV and decent sound bar, gonna have boneless wings and blu cheer dip. Read a new Clanncy Jr novel and call it early night
The cool off is awesome but weather change lights up everything I every broke or twisted. Vitamin I and a wee dram and chill.
Till the morrow may your dreams be restful and awaken to a bright tomorrow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts