The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a long tentacle plate about 2 weeks ago. It has been doing great!! Adapted to my tank very well. Ive noticed it has been inflating really big at times and deflating to a smaller size at night. It has also moved about 3 or 4 inches from where i put him in the tank, which i think thats why it was inflating, to move. Anycase, i got back from a long weekend up north yesterday and it look how it did when i put it in the first day( real small and shrunkin). I fed it right away, ate everything very well. but this morning it still was small and shrunkin. Does anyone know what could be going on?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its back to its purple color, which is normal when it gets small. And i havn't noticed anything unusual. This is my first coral, but the bright purple alge on my LR is spreading like crazy and my star fish, hermits, snails, and damsels are doing fine. And im not sure how to post a picture of it on this message to show you

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my water tested at my LFS. All tested perfect. I've got a t5 lighting. My guy at the LFS said its nothin to be worried about. Just a phase its going through, like you said Rustl3r. Thanks for the help. Ill keep ya posted if things change.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My salinity is at 1.024, check it all the time to make sure. It did get up to 1.026 and that was when i first noticed it. But last night it seemed to be doing much better. It might have been stressed cause a few days ago i added about 45 pounds of live rock to my 25 pounds and was in there building the reef. But now that everything is calm it seems to be doing ok.

I also just put a leather toadstool in my tank. Is it going to be ok next to the long tentacle plate? didn't know if it would sting it or not?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.