The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight is the night! I bought a trap and I am going to attempt to catch the purple (spiny?) lobster that has been terrorizing my tank for years. I've had enough. It's gotten 4 or 5 fish and many of my cleaners. With the absence of the wrasse's (one of them was a gorgeous Dragon Wrasse) and cleaners the sand and rock is just filthy and there is a maroonish color algae growing everywhere. I'm going to bait the trap with a large shrimp (food shrimp not live shrimp) and set the trap tonight when the lights go out. I'll update this if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually tonight is no good because I'm going to be on a road trip tomorrow. haha I don't know if I'll eat him. My plan was to trade it in for store credit.

And yea I really don't know what type of algae it is at this point but it sucks. My water specs are perfect, zero nitrates, all that good stuff... so I'm assuming that it has to do with the fact that I don't have anything filtering the sand or cleaning the rocks anymore.

Anyway within the next couple nights I'll try since I'm on vacation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh gotcha. Well I'm not going to eat it so that's not an issue. No luck tonight. I'm going to leave it in tonight and hope for a better result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts