The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone prefer to get their live stock. LFS, members or websites. which ones are teh best? looking to get a few fish and some corals(softies and LPS). ALso are there meetings that are close to the cities?

thanks
joe

·
Registered
255 Posts
it depends on what you're looking for... JnS is great for fish, LPS, live rock. LFS tend to have not so healthly stuff, and inflated prices to cover their overhead. If you are looking for sps, you need to be careful for acro bugs....

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Loralie- I still have some orange zoas for you and some red if you want them. I still owe you from last year (abouut this time last year I think) Also, do you still have any of those blue/pink palys left? We have spoke about them and I would really like to get a few for my display.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Corals, members for sure, hands down will save you over half of the money and its more fun seeing other peoples setups. Fish I have never traded or purchased any fish from anyone here but I am assuming the same would hold true...IMO

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yep...I have those for you epidemic.....also I would love to get the zoos from you. I had that crash in the 92 and several of the zoo colonies i had in there don't look to good right now

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Next time you are up in the cites let me know. We camn hook upand make the exchange. Where is the next meeting BTW?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Next frag swap will probably be in the fall since the Dr.Fosters/Smith counted as the last swap. However, if you have specific corals your looking for definately post prior to buying as many people probably have something similiar they could frag. Arranging prior to a meeting and do the swap there is usually the easiest on both parties involved. Depending on who offers, may end up free or at least cheaper than LFS.

As for fish, occasionally someone may have one to get rid of but not as likely as with corals.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I told you that was a nice one. ;)
jg24 said:
Ocean Devotion usually has nice fish. Just picked up a beautiful Blue Throat Trigger a few days a go.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
eswebster said:
Corals, members for sure, hands down will save you over half of the money and its more fun seeing other peoples setups. Fish I have never traded or purchased any fish from anyone here but I am assuming the same would hold true...IMO
mostly fish are when people are closing down a system, upgrading, downgrading, changing biotop... ect. Those are great buys because if the fish is healthy, it has probably been healthy for... well as long as they were in the tank :)
:fish:

·
Registered
117 Posts
The only thing that I've noticed is that fish don't come up for sale here very often. If your looking for some high quality fish, I recommend Ocean Devotion in Burnsville. They really try to get the best fish available and keep the prices reasonable. All the fish that I have purchased from there have been doing excellent, it also seems like they get shipments bi-weekly so you never know what you might stumble upon. They also tend to get some of the more 'luxorious fish" which is fun to check out.

For corals, I would just put up a wanted post and I'm sure you'll have thousands of replies from club members. From what I've seen so far, the selection at the LFS are scarce and tend to be overpriced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts