The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working with a 77 gal main with a 20 gal long sump/fuge. Dual 250 mh w/ xm 20,000k bulbs and a little giant 4 return pump through a scwd.

I am planning on:

Halichoeres chrysus 1x
Chromis Atripectoralis 1-2x
Amphiprion Ocellaris 1x

What do you think?

Possibly one more fish,what does everyone think about these three:

Gramma Loreto
Lysmata Amboinensis
"Flamming Angel"

I will probibly only put the chromis in first off after a month od stabilizing with live rock and southdown (with a scoop of two guys established tanks).

All suggestions would be great!

G

·
i probably coulda awnser the question though too, for a 77 gal that is going to look nice, imo id go with 4 chromis when the school it is a sight to see, other wise looks great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many inches of marine fish should I be able to hold in a reef tank of 77 gal with a 20 gal sump/fuge? Truely I understand that these fish will not all be added at one time, but they can be added over time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Don't worry so much about the inches as much as how slowly you add them and prepare the tank for the additional load. If your nutrient export is high enough you can put a lot more fish than "recommended" in your tank. (size really doesn't matter :D ) Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is ment by preparing for additional bioload? Increased lbs of LR, 6 months+ for stablilizing?

What would you folks think about 4-5 chromis, 1 halichoeres chrysus, and 1 false purcula?

G

·
dont get a anemone untll the thae tank is established, bio load is poop and other wasetes produce by ALL the living creatures in the tank, ls and lr is one way to counter react it, skimming, liters ect ect , water changes, are all ways to combat it
get 4-5 chromis and 2 false percs! ,btw clowns will host in a variety of corals not just anemonies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts