The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some live sand???

I broke down my 20gal since the 75 is now up and running. I've got a DSB sitting in the 20gal that I no longer need. If any of you are interested in a little sand (or a lot of sand!) for your tanks as a starter or just to boost your current sand bed, PM me or reply to this thread and we'll figure out a time for you to come pick it up at my home on the South side of Eau Claire.

The sand is Aragamax select, and has had more than $100 of sand sifting things added to it since the tank was set up two years ago. I guarantee you'll find micro stars and tiny red bristle worms in the sand for sure, and I know you'd fine other stuff in there if you took a microscope to some of the sand/water. It's great, and I've already used some of it to jump start my oolitic sand bed in the 75gal.

Also, you can be the first people outside of my family to see the new 75! It's been 6 months in the making, and it's everything I ever dreamed it would be. I'm not posting pictures here, since I plan to debut the tank to ECRC as a future meeting host at some point. So, here's your chance for a brief preview of the tank I've put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into over the last six months. All you have to do is help me get rid of some sand!

I'd hate to throw away this sand, since I know it can be put to good use by many of you in your new or current tanks. So, please take some of it, and I'll give you a quick tour of the new setup.

Thanks everyone,
Joe Schneider

p.s. I've got some premium fiji rock (around 15lbs I believe) in the new 75 that transferred over from the 20gal. If you make a decent offer for a piece or all of it, I wouldn't turn it down. I'm thinking something like $5 each for the few smaller pieces and maybe $10 each for the larger pieces. I'm flexible, and would just assume get rid of it, since it clashes with my fancy branch rock in the tank. You can check out the rock and see if you're interested when you pick up your sand. It's got great purple coralline coverage and plenty of other life including some little red feather dusters and a couple nice little sponges. So, check it out and get it off my hands!

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
i may have some sand here.....not sure if the sister in law is gona take my old 30g as saltwater.....if she dont ill have LS here to get rid of....

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOLY CRAP THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!! LOL

D.J., the other day you said you had a healthy sand bed full of critters that I could get a scoop of, right? If so, would I be able to get a cup or two of sand from you to help seed the sand bed in my rebuilt tank?

Thanks,
Joe

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
ya i noticed the date on there is why i jumped in......

sure thing joe just let me know.....i have my main reef that i can pull from or the 30g that i can take what ever out of...but i think my reef is MORE live than the 30g sand since there was a horseshoe crab in there....

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
D.J.,

I'm going to be in Chippewa this Sunday afternoon having a later lunch with my grandparents and some other family members out at Connell's or whatever out by Lake Wissota. Do you think there's a chance I could swing by sometime late Sunday afternoon maybe to get a scoop of sand from your reef tank? If so, just PM me your cell phone # and address and I'll give you a call when I'm done with the family function.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey hey hey what about me.lol I want some rich soil tooo. My cell is 715-529-7723. I could really use the boost of nutrients.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To answer your earlier question, no I don't have any sand. That tank was broken down two and a half years ago, so the "live" sand would be long-since dead now, and the sand from back then is long gone and went to those who were around at that time.

-Joe

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
wow nice old thread. what caught my eye was Devil boy. lol wow. I was thinking gesh thats a ways to ship. Gmunoz. Welcome. Tell us about your tank setup ? Do you head to Eau Claire mcuh?

·
Registered
155 Posts
As a Nursing student I travel to EC every day during the week and most weekends I can to go look at the pet stores. so yeah meeting in EC is never a prob for me>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts