The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any quality live rock they are trying to get rid of???I'm looking for anywhere from 30-45 pounds of mostly fiji and some tonga live rock.I'd like rock that has some coralline algae growing on it(but im not going to get picky:rolleyes: )Also if you do have some if you could show me a picture of it so i know exactly what im buying.Thanks so much!!!:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Serty,

I don't have any rock, but I'm curious as to why you don't get some from a retailer locally? We have some pretty (very) cost effecient places nearby that carry tonga and fiji, the pieces won't be 'covered' in coralline, but there should be some. And even if they aren't covered, I'm sure I could give you some to get you started.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much is it at your store?Mine is 5.99-6.99 lb.Thats why i dont get it there;).also im looking for rock thats been in an established tank.But thanks!!!!If your rock is really cheap than we should talk.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Serty,

There is a place in LA by the airport called Aquatic Outlet, they regularly have rock on 'sale' for $2.99. It's not established in a tank, but it is cured and they have a large selection. You need a flier to get the discount prices, shoot me a pm and I'll forward the next one to you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Even if the rock is in an established tank, the process of shipping it will cause die-off and it'll need to be recycled (unless you ship it covered in water overnight... and shipping this much weight overnight will make your local live rock prices look cheap.)
I got my live rock through ebay, and the semi-cured stuff (they say it's 'fully cured' but I digress) direct from Walt Smith is pretty nice rock... most of mine were completely encrusted in coralline, though that mostly bleached during the cycle and is now slowly growing back.
I'm up here in Northern California... has it been hot enough for ya lately? ;)
It got to 108 yesterday... and almost 110 the day before... I hope today is a bit cooler. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.