The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking everywhere last night for a good printable "LIVE FISH" shipping/ transport label. I looked everywhere. So I Decided to make one :D

I wanted to share it with everyone else. If someone here ships their fish or corals, you can print this on your printer to sticker paper & slap it on your shipping box. I made two sizes, one paper with two, and one with four.

Have Fun & Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zibav7u8rrphl9j/Live Fish Shipping Label.docx

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j1ekvxq0xnpy1t1/Live Fish Shipping Label (Small 4).docx

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Odds are this sticker will cause the package to be rejected. Unless you have a special account with the shipper most will not allow live animals or saltwater in side the package.

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odds are this sticker will cause the package to be rejected. Unless you have a special account with the shipper most will not allow live animals or saltwater in side the package.

They do allow it, you sometimes need more expensive insurance, and some kind of other fee. I shipped fish before. They don't care, they are glad that I add LIVE FISH Labels.

Shipping Live fish is like shipping live plants or flowers. If they don't let you, you just got one of those pissey clerks :rotflmao:

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is one of the UPS Terms of Use conditions

Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals
Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And here is USPS

Mailing Live Animals
Customers shipping live animals must ensure all packaging requirements are met. Live animal shipments may be presented at any Post Office; however, the service standard may be affected depending on the availability of transportation from the drop-off site.

Customers sending Express Mail shipments containing live animals should expect a 2-3 day transport of their shipment. Shipping early in the week is suggested, and holiday weeks may have limited acceptance days and times. Express Mail postage will not be refunded unless the delivery or attempted delivery is more than three days after the day of mailing.

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ONLY NATION WIDE SHIPPING COMPANY I KNOW OF THAT DOES NOT SHIP LIVE FISH IS FedEx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts