The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting alot of these very small,maybe a 1/16" white round things all over my tank.They are shaped like the number 6,only tightly wound.I tried to take a picture but they are to small.They almost look like shells,They don't seem to move.Anybody know what they are.The tank inhabits show no interest in them.Are they bad?

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Do they look something like this:

If so, they are Spirorbid worms; harmless polychaetes that build calcarous tubes and just one of the many wormy things and small critters that inhabit the reef tank.

Dick:)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
sweet, i SWEAR i was just going to post the same question tongiht!!!

i noticed these on some of my live rock. and had hundreds on my powerheads when i dismantled the 55!

they are all over the new live rock as well, and already have some on the new pump.

at first i thought calcium deposits.. but they were too uniform. they look EXACTLY like the picture.

thanks dick!

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
I was actually going to make a post to find out exactly what PROS and Cons theses guys have?? Any fish eat them?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like them.At first i saw them on the live rock and thought It was just some substrate that had blown onto it.Now they are all over.Anything for control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts