The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Why I get nothing done...
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are just flesh that the mother dropped.....I have never personally had one make it.......if they are growing out of the skeleton......it will just keep growing and add to the colony.
They are just growing out of the base. Man, this is going to be one big torch when those guys all grow up.

·
11,345 Posts
mine started dropping babies. I let them sit for a few weeks then move them to a new spot.
So are you talking about dropping purely flesh, and then they survived and grew a skeleton??

I know it can happen.......

I had a frogspawn that would do it often(drop fleshy babies)....they all eventually got sucked up or eaten by a anemone. I once foound a huge fleshy frogspawn head alive, no skeleton behind my rockwork that had been there for at least 6 months. It was a little different as it had been a adult polyp bailout, and not a baby. But it amazed me that it lived like that for so long. It died too after I moved it, or disappeared I should say. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
they just slowly bud off the main heads over a few weeks. Initially its just a glob that hangs down but I think as the skeleton starts to develope they pull free because they get heavy. I don't have too much flow there so they fall down and I let them sit and develope before moving them. Also its only one head that does this the others just split.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,792 Posts
Welcome to TRT OliveMandy! Thanks also for sharing the pictures......was surprised to see that 'they' never finished this thread? Huh? But now it's complete if'n anyone wants to search .......COOL!:cool:

See Ya around,
Hack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts