The Reef Tank banner
1K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  zxcv123 
#1 ·
45 gallon with 196w PC light/aqua c skimmer/wet dry with sump/two maxi jet 1200 powerheads
FISH i already have a yellow tang(small)

you can click on each piture.........it is a link to the web site and description
Bicolor Pygmy Angel (this is a hard desision because it might nip coral)
Inverts
Sally Litefoot Crab (maybe two , but i doubt it)
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp Large(i heard you should have two, but??)
there is a few other soft corals that i like.........Cultured Leather Coral , Colonial Leather Coral , Capnella Kenya Tree Coral all the ones i am sticking with are classified "hardy as heck" so i shouldnt screw it up......and of coarse most of these are not for months but i want to do my research

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like a great list to me!! good work! there was something about the sally light foots that i dont remember, they kill other shrimp? other craps, something that was bad, stopped me from gettin one, cant remember though.

#3 ·
a pretty good list. the bicolour angel is one of the hardes angels to keep though. i would not get one of these. if you are really wanting an angel check out some of the Genicanthus spp of angels. may not be as pretty, but are reef safe.

sally crabs can become opportunistic when they get big if they do not have enough algae to eat.

G~

#4 ·
ok good to know so lets scrap the crab..........i heard craps are good scavengers though so i want one but what would be good............when i went onto www.thatfishplace.com i dont remember seeing a angel with that description unless i just dont know that terminology...........i do like angels though............i had a regel angel for years in my fish only which lived to the disbelieve of my lfs

#6 ·
the corals should be fine without food, but the feathers are strickly filter feeders, they are worms, there are lots of products that are just great. phytoplankton and zooplankton are good beginners, among many other prepared foods. as for the angels, maybe a coral beauty? flame angel? or a cherub angel, thats just three i can think of, check liveaquaria.com they have a dwarf angel section, and look for some that are easy to keep.

#8 ·
Feather Dusters are strictly filter feeders and don't benefit from light. I would go with a dose of DT's phytoplanton or target feed it with the same stuff about once every 1 or 2 weeks.

#18 ·
the one thing that concerns me is that you already have a yellow tang. yellow tangs can become very aggresive/territorial. This can usually be avoided when the yellow is added last to the tank but seeing how you have him in there already i would watch anyother fish that you add in after him. Just my 2 cents.

#20 ·
ionracing said:
45 gallon with 196w PC light/aqua c skimmer/wet dry with sump/two maxi jet 1200 powerheads
FISH i already have a yellow tang(small)

you can click on each piture.........it is a link to the web site and description
Bicolor Pygmy Angel (this is a hard desision because it might nip coral)
Percula Clownfish Nice Community Fish
Inverts
Sally Litefoot Crab (maybe two , but i doubt it) Bad For Corals
Assorted Mushroom Rock Large I have these and they are a good beginner coral
Golden Yellow Polyp I also have these they are also a good beginner coral
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp Large(i heard you should have two, but??) Yes Two are good they are peaceful with each other.
Pin Cushion Urchin They will eat the Coraline Alage from your rocks
Toadstool Leather coral large Can't Help you here
Cladiella Coral Can't help you here
there is a few other soft corals that i like.........Cultured Leather Coral , Colonial Leather Coral , Capnella Kenya Tree Coral all the ones i am sticking with are classified "hardy as heck" so i shouldnt screw it up......and of coarse most of these are not for months but i want to do my research
Just my thoughts. It is always goos to do the research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.