The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kent has a new calcium additive. It is called liquid reactor. It says that it does the same as a calcium reactor, meaning it will raise your calcium without sending the rest of your perameters out of whack. (everyone that believes that stand on your heads).
I bought some anyways on the outside chance that it might work (since I dont have a reactor).
Has anyone else tried this stuff???

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
I have not but let me know how it goes... I would be interested to know if it works. What can commonly become out of whack from adding calcium? I am about to start adding kalkawasser or some type of additive to get calcium up to par. I am in the process of doing research on what effects adding calcium has when added to the water. So far my search is coming up pretty empty... so to make my life easier I owuld like to ask all of you folks.

·
1,035 Posts
reactions

I tried it for about 6 mths at the home tank, did not see much difference. Kind of a neat theory but for the cost of it I'm not sure its worth it. It does need to be shaken very.....vigorously. The gallon jug I have has a sludge on the bottom that would make peanutbutter look thin. Read the directions carefully.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There was or is another product called Araga Milk, it was supposed to be the same as adding reactor water without Co2. I spoke with Randy Holmes Farely about the product and he told me that adding particulate Calcium Carbonate no matter how fine was possibly taking out more Calcium through Ionic attraction and precipitation than it was putting into the system. I stopped using it and instead used Bi-onic's two part additive system, that was expensive and hard to balance for my needs so I went back to limewater and stayed with it till I got a reactor.
I have never used the liquid reactor product but it sounds like the same kind of thing. Run it past Randy and see what he says maybe it is a keeper I dunno, I am not sure what this product is all about.
HTH,
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts