The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a lion fish yesterday and today i notice one of his eyes are kind of cloudy and there no clear bubble that lionfishes have around there eyes ....the right side of it look fine but the left side looks like it been poke or sting ., jw if its going to stay like that or there is any med out there to treat it .

thanks

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Welcome! :wavey:

can you post a pic of your lion's eye? Is it a volitan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the welcome....its a all black volitan lion fish ....hoeping goign to get some new pic up today ...i was trying to take pic of the eye but its hard since he sits on the live rock in the middle of the tank.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
by the looks of it i dont think its eye flukes ,. its just that there no clear part of the oval covering his eyes so its cloudy

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
welcome to trt. I bought a tang once that had a cloudy eye I called the lfs and they told me it was from stress or bad water. I did a water change and left the tang alone for a few days and it cleared right up. I also fed him garlic

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
You will need to treat him or he may lose the eye. Start with garlic and perhaps do a FW dip too. if you have any other fish in the tank then you may need to do a qt tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was going to go to the lfs and see if they know anything else then i was going to come home and do the gralic....how can i take a pic of the eye for you guys to see what i'm talking about...i have a digi came it have to get close to get a shot of the eye

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Twitterbait said:
You will need to treat him or he may lose the eye. Start with garlic and perhaps do a FW dip too. if you have any other fish in the tank then you may need to do a qt tank.
I agree with this, but pic would help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no not really i just start this whole saltwater thing 6 months ago never ran to anything bad after buying this one

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
ok, we have you covered. The reason i suggest a FW dip is because this disease is easily transferred to others and there really isn't a good cure for it. If you can move him to a QT tank that would help afterwards.

1. get a bucket and fill it with FW, make sure to use hot and cold until the temperature is close to the same as your tank.

2. if you have some PH up try to match the PH as well (not absolutley necessary but it will reduce the stress of the fish.

3. drop the fish in the bucket for 5-10 minutes. if the fish starts to freak then pull it out but you want to try for 5 min at least.

4. pull the fish out and place it in QT (or your main tank).

5. feed food that is soaked in garlic, this is not a cure but it will boost their immune system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts