The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,340 Posts
Clams are filter feeders... as well as good lighting, they require a mature tank with good nutrients and as posted in another thread, supplemental feeding...

With the lighting you're mentioning, you shouold have no problems with softies and LPS corals...

I'd reccomend over a 36 inch tank that you go with at least a 250 watt MH and raise it a little higher to spread the light pattern... Generally 1 MH bulb will cover 24 inches of surface area....

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,340 Posts
I'm not too familiar with brands... I'll let someone else step in there...

I'd reccomend a 10,000K bulb though... When I get my lights set up, I'll be searching out an 18,000K bulb produced in Belgium... 20,000K is just a little bit too blue, but 18,000K is almost a perfect white spectrum... You may be able to find a 15,000K bulb a little more easily which should look great as well...

So long as it is above 6,700K though, you should be in good shape... Just make sure to supplement with some actinic's... (preferably PC or VHO)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.