The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the cheapest price to get 30" t5 4x? for a 29gal I want to start spf but dont have the light for them i have 100w CFL 50/50 and it don't penatrate deep enough i read someone found 4x24 cheap. as cheap as possible.???????

·
Rock guy
682 Posts
well if you want a 30'' bubd you need to look into coralife fixtures, otherwise you will need to get a 30'' fixture with 24'' bulbs, but new they will be around 200 or so on average

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Aquatraders.com bout as cheap as it gets. Quality may be less than others, but if you want something cheap that's your bet there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
yeah if i was you though i would get the best product you can get so you dont go and get something crappy than go and get something better just get the better product it will save you a lot of money

·
C'est la vie
4,118 Posts
Aquatraders.com bout as cheap as it gets. Quality may be less than others, but if you want something cheap that's your bet there.
I have 2 aquatraders lights, one on my 20g and one on my 75g and its more than enough light. My SPS actually keep bleaching, but Im very happy with it especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have 2 aquatraders lights, one on my 20g and one on my 75g and its more than enough light. My SPS actually keep bleaching, but Im very happy with it especially for the price.
Agreed, I believe they have improved over the years. Although they still may not compete with higher priced lights, they are pretty decent. A friend of mine is getting one soon, I might be as well if I can find the funds to set up a small tank.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the input on lighting i think the best price i've seen is Aqua Traders 4x24 t5 24"ut will expand up to 30" but from the pic they look like they sit low on the tank i'd like to raise it an inch or twoto allow for some air flow

·
C'est la vie
4,118 Posts
I have 2, the small one on my 20g and a 48'' 216w on my 75g. I love them!

When I first got both of them I tore them apart to check the quality of the wiring and connections inside and was impressed with how well it was done.

The external ballasts are great and have a quick disconnect so if they go bad all that has to be done is unscrew it and put a new one on.

The LED moonlights are good too, I just wish there were a few more on the fixture but they work very well.

I have been able to keep everything besides clams (I havent tried) in my tanks, actually a lot of things that I placed high up in the tank were bleaching so I had to move them back down to recoup and am slowly moving them higher up.

The only thing I plan on doing is replacing the bulbs with ATI when they need it.

I like these fixtures a lot more than the 6 bulb Nova Extreme I had on my 72 bowfront.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts