The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that the current (2) 175 retro MH mogul with 14K bulbs along with (1) T5HO, 2 bulb, actinic being installed in my new reef aquarium is all I need to grow all the different types of coral I want from softies to SPS. Even at 30" deep. I was wanting to know what your input was. I have been looking at a dual HID Electronic 250Watt MH ballast to run my 2 retro fixtures, 14k moguls to go with my 2 bulb T5HO actinic in my canopy. My canopy is 18" high with (2) 4.5 axel fans for cooling (one on each end creating cross air flow). Your input is greatly appreciated. I just want to be setup proper from the start with my lighting. I have a 6 bulb LED moonlight for nigh viewing being installed. Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dual Balast MH 250W

Anybody have any advice regarding the dual blast HID Electronic 250w for 2 retro MH for a 30" deep aquarium? Any input would be great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I originally planed on 2, 175 watt 14k with 2, Actinic T5. Now I want to be sure the 175w metal halide is enoughy for all corals or should I be installing 2, 250 Watt with the T5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts