The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi reefers, I have heard that a reef tank can thrive off of LEDs; is this true? I currently have the stock lighting in my biocube and thinking about upgrading. Should I replace the stock lighting or should I just add a LED strip along with the stock? I plan on having a small clam or anemone and i didnt know what i needed to keep them alive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've had my BioCube14 up and running since October of last year with only the stock lighting. However, I do run the actinic, 10,000k and moon LEDs on separate timers to simulate dawn, day, dusk, moon.

I know that lots of folks choose to gut the BioCube lighting, but I've had success with the stock setup. Also, retro-fitting parts can be a challenge sometimes and (so far) I've not discovered the need to do it.

Here's a shot of the tank today. Good luck with yours!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Saw this post i have a 29 gallon biocube that i recently upgraded to LED and i can keep anything. I bought the Ecoxotic panorama LEDS and they are amazing! I would highly recommend them! I use 3 but for a 14 you could do two strips. Very affordable and great results!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts