The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question -
I want to mount a 55pc in my 20H hood with 2 150 10000k MH. How far apart does the PC need to be away from the MH to avoid any potential heat issues with the bulbs? Is it possible for the PC to get so hot that it cracks?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have my PC's about 1-1/2 to 2" from my 250w halide bulb and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.
PC's get pretty hot anyway, so I don't think a lower wattage halide will cause any adverse effects. Now if you were running a 1000w halide I'd really worry about space, but you should do okay with the 150w if you're at least 1" away.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks reefer, I owe you a couple cold ones by now for all of the assistance you've given me on this project!!
:beer: :beer:

·
Administrator
48,689 Posts
mnreefgeek said:
Quick question -
I want to mount a 55pc in my 20H hood with 2 150 10000k MH. How far apart does the PC need to be away from the MH to avoid any potential heat issues with the bulbs? Is it possible for the PC to get so hot that it cracks?
Did i read that right, 2 150w HMH on a 20H?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Yup your right in what you read Doug!! Clint wants this to be a "GLOW TANK" for his parent's bedroom!! :p :D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Doug! I hope you have a lot of fans to cool that tank!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it was 2x150 and a 55 or a 250 wt 6500 with the 55. I figured that running the 2x150, I can cycle then to keep it a little cooler, only running both lights together for a couple of hours a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.