The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Lux or Par meter and be willing to measure a couple of bulbs? Or let me borrow the meter and measure it myself?

Thanks

Dwayne

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dave - LUX meter would be fine. I wanna compare some old bulbs to new ones. Let me know a good day/time to meet ya and I'll come over and get it.

Dwayne

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave - Sorry for the delay getting back to you. By now you probably figured I wasn't at the meeting last night (One day I hope to have a job with scheduled hours). I will try to swing by your place the weekend if thats ok?

The reason for using the light meter is I am getting my new bulbs on Monday to replace my MH bulbs after 26 months. The last set I replaced after 18 months and I noticed no difference with my eyes or in coral growth/reaction. I suspsect this time I will not notice a difference with my eyes either. The additional 8 months makes me a little leary of the actual light change and I want to measure it, make lighting adjustments if need, and not have the tank get whacked.

Once I do the measurements, I'd be happy to post the results.

Dwayne

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, got new lights and measured against old lights.

According to the LUX meter the old bulbs at water surface at 257. This compares to the new bulbs measured from the same spot with a reading of 491.

Now let's see what the corals say.

Thanks David for letting me borrow the meter. I'll get it back to you in the next day or so.

Dwayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.