The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the current usa orbit 2x96 fixture, it seems the daylight 10000k bulb is dimming, is there something i should be doing to clean it regularly or something, its roughly 6 months old, is this common when its time to change the bulbs? or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, any suggestions out there?

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Ok I will give it a shot,My PC fixture did that so I took the bulb out and took my pocket knife cleaned the contacts on the bulb and fixture and it worked no more dimming,Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks casey. ill try it.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did that rotties, and it seems to be the bulb, i tried to clean the pegs, but it didnt do any good, is this common that a light would just get much dimmer? should i leave it off in case its gonna blow or something? its almost off completly now, so it wouldnt matter much.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
It could have sprung a small (very small) leak in it and the gas is leaking out. I think 6 months is the leanth of the life for those any ways. I had some actinics that I used for over 1 year that didnt do that. They got dime but not that dim.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
ok well it was worth a try cleaning the pins fixed mine ,just replace the bulb then could have got a leak or just of been a bad one that had a short life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts