Votes: 5 100.0%
  • never and no way

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This list is one I have posted previously. I would like for Rob to add it to the website. Is this O.K.?
----edited to add Andy---

Updates requested. **=sponsors

The Pet Store
3190 Atlanta Hwy #110
Athens, GA 30606
706 -546- 9906
open 10-9 M-SA 12-6 Sun
Glenn [rover]

** Aquarium Showcase Inc
Angela & Jeorge
12900 Highway 9
North Alpharetta, GA 30004
770-754-0868

Atlantis Aquarium
Marietta

Aviarium
Duluth

** Cappucino Bay Aquarium
Bobby [owner-manager] & Jeff [kalkbreath][owner]
Hwy 120/ 2195B Roswell Road, Marietta
East Lake Shopping Center
770-321-8881

Critter Crazy
5513 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA
770-399-5161

Fins & Feathers
104 Banks Crossing
Fayetteville, GA 30214
678 817 1711

** The Fish Garden
I-85 south then east to
2236 GA Hwy 34,
Newnan, GA
770-252-4022

The Fish store & More
Porter [employee]
3145 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA
404 231-5111

** Imagine Ocean / Canton GA
Jenn & Scott Myerscough
I-575 to exit 16, East 1 mile
Hwy 140, 111 Mountain Vista Blvd
Canton, GA 30115
770-720-0103
www.imagine-ocean.com

** Marine & Tropical Fish
John [owner] & Matt [son]
1255 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068
770-321-8404 Voice: 404-355-0374

**My Reef Creations
[by appointment only]
135 Stanley Court, Suite 110
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
678-407-3773

Petland
5900 State Bridge Road
Duluth, GA 30097
770-495-4648

Petland
4733B Ashford-Dunwoody Road
770 396-7358

Petland
Kennesaw

Pets Unlimited
Marietta

** Pisces Pet Center
8013 Tara Blvd
Jonesboro, GA 30236
770-477-0113

Under the Wave
3502 Satellite Boulevard
Duluth, GA 30096
770-476-3160

Atlas Aquariums
2810 Palmyra Rd
Albany, GA 31707
912-435-7395
912-883-3673 fax
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>.

www.thereeftank.com [online community/special interest forums/reef club forums/atlanta reef club]
www.reefcentral.com [discussion forum]
www.reefs.org [discussion forum]

www.advancedaquarist.com [online magazine]
www.reefkeeping.com [online magazine]

·
Registered
422 Posts
We had a big ol' discussion on this at the last BoD meeting. The question was whether or not we'd alienate our sponsors by putting the names of other stores on the site. The decision at the time was to have the newly-appointed sponsor liason (and I don't remember who that was) contact the sponsors to see what feelings, if any, they had about it.

Which is where it sits now.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
If we post we alienate sponsors, if we don't then we are doing the members a disservice....it's a catch 22. I am more inclined to post them all, but only have a link form mapquest or wherever to the sponsor stores...or designate the sponsor stores in bold or something..maybe even have a blurb next to the sponsor stores stating members in good standing receive 10% off ...or something of that nature.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree but before we start debating about where the greater part of our responsibilities lie (to the members or the sponsors), let's find out if the sponsors in general even care.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I like Andy's suggestion (don't fall down). I'd add that sponsors should be on the main page (remain, as they are) and the non-sponsors SHARE a sub-page with sponsors (sponsors are also on the listings page - that way all stores are listed on the same page (too)) with links and maps to the sponsors, and the non-sponsors get free advertising but no frills.

IMO that's a suitable compromise that serves EVERYONE.

Jenn

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ok go with what Andy and Jenn said.n

If we ask the sponsors and even one says no then we definatly aleinate that sponsor BIG TIME so lets not ask. Just make it very clear who the sponsors are and what members get by going to a sponsor.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
JennM said:
I like Andy's suggestion (don't fall down). I'd add that sponsors should be on the main page (remain, as they are) and the non-sponsors SHARE a sub-page with sponsors (sponsors are also on the listings page - that way all stores are listed on the same page (too)) with links and maps to the sponsors, and the non-sponsors get free advertising but no frills.

IMO that's a suitable compromise that serves EVERYONE.

Jenn
SOunds like a plan :D

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I like the idea Andy's and Jenn's suggestions and I agree with Charles that I think we should go with it.

I think a dual/combination listing and links to something like mapquest which would show mark sponsors (like a number in a red circle on the map which cross references back to the sponsor page would be very helpful). However, I recall that n our last BOD discussion, which was right after the May mtg, that Andy did not want MyReefCreations located on the map.

I'd like to see days open and store hours posted for sponsors along with a phone number (and map link), while for nonsponsors I'd like to see just their name and city as William (has it noted above).

Thanks William for bringing this up! I think this would serve as a valuable service to our members.

Question:Should this webpage be available to nonmembers as well as members? My opinion is yes! because as Andy noted, it would indicate which stores support the club and that there is that 10% discount benefit for becoming a member.

Bob

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Lifestudent said:
However, I recall that n our last BOD discussion, which was right after the May mtg, that Andy did not want MyReefCreations located on the map.

Bob
After much thought...I would like the address and a map...but say by appointment only. This will be for my future venture...but might as well put it on there now.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A month or so ago I went up to AS on a Saturday. Jorge was off for the next few days. I talked to the manager in charge for the day and left with him a sponsor membership kit. I went over it with him. (Sorry I forgot his name at this point). When I got back I spoke w/ Rick who said he would talk to Jorge next time he went by AS.

I guess I never followed up on this (my bad). I really though it would be better for somebody who knew Jorge to have the final talk w/ him. He should have received the sponsor kit.

Does anybody know Jorge and can you speak w/ him ????

If you need another sponsor membership kit I can e-mail you one.

Charles

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I've been by there twice since then, including this week, and Jeorge was out both times. I waited around this time because they said he would be back any minute but after about an hour he hadn't gotten back so I left. I did leave with some nice corals though.:) I think his e-mail is [email protected]. You might try e-mailing him.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Charles, could it have been Jeff or Victor that you might have spoken with?

I haven't seen Jorge & Angela since December, but at that time when we talked (we were at a party together) he was definitely interested.

Jenn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.