The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skimmers!!! Ahhhhh, you thought it was something else? Thought this would be fun to see who has the dirtiest skimmer collector or bucket right now at this moment. Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend and be safe!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhhhhh, dangit. And when was it cleaned last before yesterday? I clean mine once a week with a scouring pad. A clean skimmer is an efficient skimmer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And how much money would it take for you to take a sip? LOL Ewwwwww.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, that's pretty disgusting!!!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You know I cleaned mine today.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Hey Jason! Bring up that nasty picture of yours!!!!!:p

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Actually those look pretty clean Im not gonna show how dirty mine is.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My camera crapped out on me, but cleaning the bak pak this morning was like going into a sewer. Thick black sludge in the throat and all over the lid, and yelllow staining of the collection cup.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those are disgusting!!! I love it. Come on, somebody has to have one with black sludge and slime. Also, how often does everyone clean theres? I clean mine once a week, least favorite part of maintenance by far.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Remember - you asked for it.

Picture 1 is the live rock skimmer - cleaned on Wednesday.

Picture 2 is the 1000 g tank skimmer - cleaned on Wednesday I think too.

Picture 3 is the reef system skimmer - cleaned about 10 days ago - it's overdue for another cleaning, as you can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know JennM, I can smell it from the picture alone.

·
5,916 Posts
Oh you have NO idea... we got a new batch of LR this past Thursday - the 'memory' of that lingers on... I've been apologizing for the unique aroma in the shop since then ;)

My regs will take a whiff of the air and ask, "New rock??!" (all excited!). We keep it in the back but the pong travels througout the store ;)

Jenn

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
you know what makes me laugh is those people who say they love the smell of the ocean; you know those calgon bath products that are called 'ocean breeze'....lookin' at these skimmate cups makes me laugh at them and say, "Take a whiff of THIS ocean, baby! If you knew what was in the ocean, you wouldnt want it in your bathtub!"

:doh: :arg:

·
5,916 Posts
Now introducing... Calgon "Low Tide"..... :lol:

Jenn

1 - 20 of 40 Posts