The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is hard to forget but lets not forget what happened on 9-11-01

All the lives that were lost and remember them and thier famlies in prayers.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Not forgotten....not forgiven!:cry:

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Amen.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I'm not a poet, and this isn't very good, but I wrote this shortly after the attack on Sept. 11 2001. It's still how I feel 3 years later.

I Believe in America

I believe in firefighters that climb 50 flights
of stairs to help people they never met.
I believe in people who give their lives crashing an
airplane to save the lives of people they never met.
I believe in people who give blood, money, and
supplies to aide people they've never met.

I believe in America.

I believe in a country that stands strong and
proud, even in the face of grief and tragedy.
I believe in a country that not only
allows, but encourages and values diversity.
I believe in a country that does not think that
human suffering is "someone else's problem".

I believe in America.

I believe in a country that values freedom so
highly that rather than inhibit an individuals
rights, tragic events can sometimes occur.
I believe in a country that does not allow innocent
people to suffer at the hands of a madman.
I believe in a country that is willing to risk it's own
lives and safety to protect and aide innocent people.

I believe in America.

I believe in a country that does not lash out
quickly or rashly in revenge and retaliation.
I believe in a country that will defend
itself with appropriate means.
I believe in a country whose people will rise
to any challenge, and will stand up and fight
boldly and proudly against it's aggressors.

I believe in America.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
I will never forget.

Moving poem, Greg.

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
22,143 Posts
Ditto,,,,,,
Thanks Greg...:cry:
Very moving,,,

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
I was watching the memorial, which is as painful and sad today as it was three years ago...and Greg, your poem evokes the same feelings and tears...

No, we'll never ever forget, and I pray not one life lost in the fight against terrorism is lost in vain...

Shirley

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I will never forget. Those images and feelings are etched forever on my mind and heart. I pray for some easing of the grief for those with family and friends that were lost and a prayer of thanks for those who have given their lives, and risk their lives, to save others and to keep our country, and the world, safe from tragic events of terrorism.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Trivia question: If you caught Bin Laden, you should put him in which of these tanks....

a. 40 gallon with 1 yellow tang, 2 perculas, 1 watchman goby, 15 turbo snails, 3 peppermint shrimp and 3 blue damsels.
b. 80 gallon with 1 blue hippo tang, 2 royal grammas, 1 forktail blenny, 2 rose anemonies, 1 boulder coral, 15 mushrooms, 7 hermit crabs, 1 spotted mandarin fish, leathers, and bristle stars.
c. 60 gallon, with 1 maroon clown.
d. 40 gallon, with 1 red lionfish, 2 blue ringed octopus, 15 adult mantis shrimp, 1 stone fish, 3 scorpionfish, 1 medium sea crate, 3 fire anemonies, 2 squirrelfish, 5 box jellyfish, 1 devil stinger, and 1 damsels.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
I will never forget. I will never forget watvhing those events happen on live T.V. I will never forget feeling like I was watching a movie while getting my son ready for school. I will not forget the surealistic feeling while we as a country tried to understand what had just happened was real. I will not not forget. I will NEVER forgive.

·
Administrator
46,862 Posts
Catching Bin Laden might help bring closure to the families involved, but don't think for a minute that that will end the campaign of terror. The fighting in that part of the world has been going on for centuries, and it's probably true that if they had no commodity that the rest of the world needs so badly , very few outside the area would be all that concerned, but they have oil and that gives certain leaders power, They have chosen to squander it away and subjegate their own people, and most conveniently they have a foreign enemy to blame all their woes on. Even more so now that sat tv and the internet has spread all over, they can see that there is more out there than their lot in life, and they are being taught that those who have, got it by stealing and looting from them.
Very complex geopolitical issues involved here, while a large percetage of the die hard terrorist tend to be extreme Muslim, they will align with virtually anyone they can use to advance their cause.
A war on terrorism is fighting a war in which the antagonists dont wear uniforms, dont use standard combat doctrine, and have little regard for themselves or their target groups.
Its not like the past where you could ID who was who from uniforms and symbols.
Personally I find flying post 9/11 to be a huge PITA, and moreso with the hardware in my leg now, BUT there have been no repeats of that magnitude since.
I take issue with some security measures on the one hand but on the other I feel we need to crack down in a lot of other areas. JMHO tho

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Stang69 said:
...lets not forget what happened on 9-11-01

... remember them and thier families in prayers.
911 will never become "just another day."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man 911 is a bad date, and what hapend will not be forgotten by the rest of the world either.

As a swede i also have to rememer our foregin minister Anna Lind who died on 911 last year after being stabed the day before.

And this year a 14 year old kid got stabed to death by a 16 year old rigth where i live, and the worst thing is that since it was a Swedish kid getting stabed by a immigrant, all the racists in sweden have decided to have an anual demonstration ringt where i live, How fun to have those idiots fighting at your back yard.:cry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts