The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Yeah, still blurry.

Good morning and welcome to a WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY! With my confusion yesterday with a 1/2 day off on Monday, and now taking tomorrow off.......this is my Friday with a Saturday off, which feels like a Tuesday because Monday wasn't 'really', but heading back Friday which will feel like a Saturday......Sounds like something Jeff did to us once?

NOT nearly enough coffee for THAT! Though coffee is up, and honest.....I had my required 2-cups to post. Tomorrow on the other hand which is, here we go again, Thursday, OFF, I can't drink any coffee.....They don't know what their getting into with that.

Cooler, near 90F and nice chance of T/S the next 2 days......carry an umbrella, but one without metal parts.
Hope a swell day rises on All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. You haven’t mentioned any store bought goodies like Ho Ho’s or Enteman’s, or TastyKakes in a long while. What’s up with that?😂 I think you really do need to see a doc. By the way, with that schedule for this week, you get a Free Pass for not knowing the date of your anniversary. That’s the worst I’ve seen in a long time! 🙃

That said, let’s have a choice of cereals topped off with diced up peaches and nanners. I’ll ask Nate and Jen to bring some to you.

Mornin Hack. Picture perfect day here. Low humidity and heading for 80F and sunny. The rain we had cleared out the muggy air mass that parked here for a couple weeks.

Hope all have a fantastic day.
yay! That’s a great description of muggy air mass. It really does park itself to make miserable. I hope your day and your week is not as complicated as our friend Hack!

I woke up feeling not so great, so I tested myself for Covid. Fortunately I tested negative, but I don’t want go to the dining hall and spread whatever germs that I have with others at my table.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,553 Posts
Water World Underwater Organism Yellow

Good Morning Hack, Rick, Cath and all,

Coffee is ready, little muggy out , rain in forecast.
Nit sure of plans for today, go pick up dog food, run to antique shop. Who knows what else.
Sorry your not feeling good Cath, hope it short lived.
have a great hump day

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
Good morning, Vinnie! I love that tank activity.

When do you close up your antique store? Are you selling everything as is, or how does that work?

Thanks for your well wishes. I think a nap will help and then I’ll feel much better.

·
Administrator
49,479 Posts
Good mornin all 50ish heading to mid 80s. A break from heat will be nice.
Wow I thought my schedule was wonky, I need more coffee to try and decrypt that Hack.
Delivery day, or "the what will we actually get" game. Supply chain issues are getting old. Hope the day goes well for all of you

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Home early from the creek.....1/2 SLOW/CAUGHT UP......1/2 HOT. The boss gave Jen and I a couple hundred bucks to go out and celebrate :eek: (y) ..... See, something always pos up. NOW...'where/what/when'? Actually he did say 'dinner', so yeah, THAT'S a no brainer with this clan.

Yeah the 'fog of the what day is this' is hanging heavy......just kinda going with the flow. But what it 'feels like?' NOT A CLUE. Wait till tomorrow morning when I haven't had any joe in 24 hours.....RUN!

Stopped on the way home at the Atlantic Ocean.....as I now refer to it as 'Instant Ocean'....HEY, there can be 2 Fry Daddys, there can be 2 Instant Oceans. 😁 So did my 'every once n a while' water swap, 16 gallons.....and couldn't of cared less if'n I dribbled on the floor.

Watching/waiting for them to get picked up Grandbabies, before we head out to eat 'something, somewhere'.....but soon!:cool:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.......OOOOOOPS! Sorry Cath......I'm not nearly as good with a check list as you are remembering everything you've read. Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly again, and let's hope the NEGATIVE result stays that way. Wise choice staying home and ordering Chinese take out. 😁 Was a bonus.

Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,796 Posts
Oh man, my hour and a half technical interview for controls engineering was brutal. Had to go in the way back machine for lots of it.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Bro......fingers n tootsies crossed for Ya.....GOOD LUCK!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,768 Posts
Evening all ,
Long dog rescue transport went well this afternoon, my passenger was a perfect fella .
Granted, he got surrendered because he nipped a kiddo ( but like most situations, the dog was not the instigator ).
No stars earned for the rest of the day, hope to make up for it tomorrow.
The rescue’s rep informed me that I oughta be getting my next foster in a week,, heartworm positive dude ( currently doing heartworm med/treatment) he will need to be kept “chill” during treatment, along the lines of heartworm segments etc . as the worms get killed’d being passed thru circ system causing problems.
Dexter, one of the pack here , contracted heartworms a few years ago ( even with being on heartworm preventative for years) I like to think he was a sitting duck for skeeters since he would go outside and plop down in the yard when doing his bizness was secondary to him sun bathing. The vet confirmed to the manufacturer that I was 100% compliant with administering the preventative, so they paid for the HW treatment. Dex was “blah” during and for a while after he was “clean”,,, but he is back to his ornery self now 👍🏼❤.
Imagine/hope the next foster will be adopted out ( after he completes his treatments) before the GSD pup comes home mid October, or mebbe will have anudder one by then🤷🏻‍♂️.

Temps are cooler lately and sun is going down a bit sooner each evening,,, not sure I’m liking that🤷🏻‍♂️🤨.
Dark at 5pm CST compared to 9pm ,,, a real bummer.

On to the evening,

Hope everyone had a great day 👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
Jeff, it’s too bad when a dog, or a cat for that matter, gets surrendered due to nip when the cause was poor human training. Hope that dog has a better life in the next home.

Oh yeah, I remember when Dex had a problem with heart worms even though you had been giving the med properly. Odd how that happens.

Perry - I agree with Doug about Amazon being on the bottom of the pile in employee treatment. You certainly don’t need that. Keep on keeping on though. You’ll find something.

Hack - hope all goes well with your heart doc appointment tomorrow!

Nitee niters, all.💤😴

1 - 17 of 17 Posts