The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the lighting strip run from one end to the other? I ask because i have a 72" long tank and was wondering if a 48" light strip be enough? or should i buy 2 36"? The tank is stock with FOWLR. The lights I was looking at were the Current USA TrueLumen Pro LED Striplight. Also would those be enough for stand alone lighting?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am running my 48inch light off my 55gal now on my 125gal which is 72inches. So far it seems to be great. I look at it this way. I centered my light and I use each end for corals that don't need the high light. I really don't see a big difference in anything since transferring them over. My feeling is you should be fine.

·
$ The Poor Reefer $
581 Posts
Probably 2 of those strips... I've heard good things about them :) and as far as getting a shorter fixture, it just depends on the spread of the light. I know some LEDs have a very narrow beam comparatively

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good point, I didn't think about the width. The Tank is 24" wide. I would be hanging them from the canopy. The top of that is about 8" from the top of the tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts