The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well they look pretty, that is about how useful they are. They don't really do anything for the tank, in fact there is debate that they could be bad for the tank.
If you want them, then get them, but you sure don't need them.

Oh and Geof hates them :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Geoff said:
GRRRRR, night lights. :mad:

complete novelties. if it does not have a phase simulator than it does nothing usefull.

G~
Told ya he hated them.

I dare you to bring up Refugiums next.
:help: :help: :help:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
My aquapod came with them and they are pretty. Mine aren't very bright at all, I have seen some that seem too much. With the water flow it just flickers. Not at all necessary I just like the moonlight effect it has. Luckily it also has its own switch so when I'm done being nosey I just cut em off. My avatar is my featherduster under the led's.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geoff said:
or crustaceans, or DSB's, or trace element suppliments, or bio-balls, or ....

:D

at least you all know where i stand. :agree:

G~
Geoff, I haven't started using the trace element supplements yet, but I had somewhat intended to. I have a friend who spends about $70.00 a month on these things. He uses quite a variety, all for the benefit of his corals. Is he wasting his time? And money? I'd love to hear what you have to say!:)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
from what i under stand, just doing regular water changes takes care of the trace elements.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use two lit blue LED 12vdc fans and they are hidden in the canopy, make great moon light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts