The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation on what percentage to set my LEDs at on my 90 gallon tank. I have 4 strings of Cree LEDs, 2 strings of 12 cool white, 2 strings of 12 royal blue, 1 blue.

At 100% they are blinding. I want to eventually have corals spread throughout different depths; however I do not wish to fry them.

Also I am using an apex controller to control the lights. Does anyone have a good program to control each string ramping them up for sunrise and ramping down for sunset?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I have them set to ramp up to now.

Once I have corals in the tank and they are established will I need to ramp the power up at all? If so how can I tell?

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Your corals will tell you if they are happy with the light levels. You might even need to tone them down a bit initially when you add corals. I have 28 leds on my 45 gallon and can't run the white more than just a touch above shut off on my pot's. Blues I can only run at 40% or so.

Are you running lenses?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have 60 degree lenses on all of my LEDs. The lights are 12" above the water.

I just made some programs to ramp my blue and white LEDs up to 50% then back down at night.

The tank looks like it is at a good light level, not to bright not to dim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts