The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
reer lights

imo not much...depends what tank size you have but unless your tank is like 10 gal or less nothing. even then probably soft corals with low light requirement and positioned at the very top of the tank. im no expert but i fear im 90% sure of this. sorry!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
the 100 wt may be alot better than the 27 wt but is it for reef? the light spctrum i mean? does it have actinics on it?
i think6000~6500K is a little low on the spectrum

·
Registered
15 Posts
reef lights

i have a 20 gal and have 2x 32 watt pc retro fit lights and corals grow fine cost me $60 you should go for something like this. the 100wt are $80 anyways!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
reef lights

i stick to soft corals (they are way easier in a small tank due to water fluctuations)for hard coral you will need alot more lights try metal hylide...but they are expensive like $200 and up

·
Registered
15 Posts
lights

the sunpq are good in a 20 gal for soft coral ...i have some very simular to those i gutted the lights my tank came with and used the plastic covers of the lights my tank came with which is a 15w light strip. you would need 2 of those light strips that you get at petsmart or just build a wood canopy

·
Registered
15 Posts
led lights

led lights are great just not the ones tha led t have a low light spectrum. i have seen led for aquarium and corals but they are expensive as hell. 10,000 to 20,000 kelvin

1 - 20 of 58 Posts