The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know the thoughts on molts. Tkae them out or leave them in.
What is the opinion?

TIA Lee:beer:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well it's up to you! Alot of people take them out because of appearances purpose! I some time take them out and some times I leave them in and they disappear over time as critters in the deep sand bed and LR and fish and inverts pick at it and it will get consumed in one form or another!

It really will not cause any harm to your system as least it has not caused a problem in my 80 gallon reef tank. Maybe small tanks I would consider taking them out but otherwise the choice is yours!:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cool: Thanks Johnny. I always leave them in as I figure that, with the hermies anyway, it's predominately CACO3. I do have one on my star polyps that they seem to be moving over themselves the last 2-3 days, but hangin onto it tight.

Thanks again, Lee:beer:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I am with Johnny on this one. I take them out most of the time but, from time to time I get lazy and leave it in and the molts disapear so something eats it. Not to mention that I have a few pepermint shrimp that I am sure have molted a time or two and their molts have never been seen or found. So I don't think they will harm anything other than look unsightly.

Earl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.