The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this toadstool that is about 10 inches across. It started splitting in one of the curved areas a month or two ago. It's slowly continue to separate. However, in the middle of the toadstool plate looking down, there is what appears to be erosion of the leather. The erosion would be consistant with it splitting. However, it appears the flesh is dying/disintegrating rather than splitting. Also, the crabs love to get in there and eat the stuff which pisses the leather off and makes him retract his polyps.

There is also another spot on his plate that doesn't look so hot either.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are a couple more pics

I've searched all over and couldn't see any flat worms or any other type of critter. the last pic is looking down on it. You can see the yellow part where the tissue is deteriorating and the fold at 5 oclock is where it is splitting. the section to the left of the yellow part attached to a piece of LR which is what makes me think it's just splitting in two.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's got great flow going to it now. any other ideas??? has anyone ever had a large toadstool split and if so, did it do anything like this?

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
My Toadstool has that same yellow spot in the center, and I believe mine is healthy as an ox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts