The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hmmm.....

It has gotten a tad warm but then we turn off the lights and blow a fan in the sump. They do look just awful...just sort of shrivled up. How will I know if/when its dying?

·
Registered
418 Posts
What about a garlic overdose? I have been adding a lot of Kent Garlic Extreme. I have to admit I didnt read the dosage amt. and have added a whole dropper at each feed for 3 days. I saw an ich spot or 2 and I wanted to get rid of it. So I went HEAVY on the garlic. Could that be it?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
At this point I would continue to watch the coral and maybe increase water flow to the area. If it continues for a couple of weeks or more the tissue will become cheesy and degenerate instead of renewing. There will be areas where holes and rotting tissue begin to appear on the capitulum and the stalk.

Just have some patience and make sure your tank conditions are good and have a steady water flow to the coral.

If worst comes to worst you could cut away the affected areas and this could stop the progression of the disease and rely on the healing powers of the coral. The advantage of this is you treat the outward sign of disease and not the cause if as I stated above if your tank conditions are not good and water flow is not steady to the coral. HTH :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm not sure of the garlic dose being to much and maybe someone more knowledgeable about the affects of garlic dosage can help here!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
"J" crowd is people's first name begins with J

CLR is people who have clams Clam Loving Reefer

BRW is for the women on this forum! They will spell it out for ya!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks. Now I can quit wondering....hmmmmmm. Now if we can just figure out what's wrong with my leather???? It has a sort of irredescent sheen to it....?????

Nicole

·
Super Moderator
28,486 Posts
Nicole try blasting your leather with that turkey baster and see what floats off.

Oh, and you should definatley be in BRW. I'll send you the application and new member packet ;) ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hey well here is a pic 2-1/2 year old leather, started off as a 2" high frag. (my false percs have taken up residency in the leather)I have gotten rid of most of the softies in my tank and have about 10 SPS frags just getting started.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well, I didnt use a turkey baster but I did adjust waterflow to hit it. It has a slimy/mucus coat coming off. I really hope its just "shedding".

Cath:
I would be honored!!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,486 Posts
Yep, mine do that every so often, Nicole. They pout and get that coating, then I blast em and they get over it, realize that I still love them :rolleyes:

I'll post pix of mine tomorrow night (if I can rmemeber, that is...) hehehe

·
Super Moderator
28,486 Posts
Thanks, Steve.

I used to use my 35, but now I only take pix with my digital. I need to work on getting the close focus on closeups cleaner.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.