The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you feed em?? I know they eat algae, but what if you don't have enough in your tank to support them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just clipped some nori in my tank... It gobbled that stuff up like a kid in the Willy Wonka factory.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
ive always had trouble getting lawnmowers to eat, even nori.
all my other blennies eat great, just the lawnmowers i found to be picky for some reason
leave the lights on longer for algae growth thats what i do for my lawnmower who wont eat what i offer him.
my black blenny and red lipped blenny will eat flakes...lawnmowers nada

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys.. i will try some Nori, and maybe Algae wafers...

·
Registered
243 Posts
My Lawnmower Blennie will eat bloodworms and shrimp. He will not eat flake food.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Lawnmowers are algae eaters ... but many have acclimated to eating frozen brine etc. and once they make that jump some/many will ignore nori and other veggie food.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mine starved to death, I tried to get him to eat everything. He was stubborn. Poor guy!

Good luck!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
ive always had trouble getting lawnmowers to eat, even nori.
all my other blennies eat great, just the lawnmowers i found to be picky for some reason
leave the lights on longer for algae growth thats what i do for my lawnmower who wont eat what i offer him.
my black blenny and red lipped blenny will eat flakes...lawnmowers nada
my lawnmower starved to death :(

didn't want to eat anything but hair algae, and i didn't have enough to keep him happy :(

even my diamond gobie goes crazy when i put nori in the tank, but the LMB, didn't bother to try anything that didn't grow on the rocks.

J.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
yep thats the same trouble i always have with lawnmowers.
no problems with other blennies just the LM's

if ya get one that eats nori or anything else, consider yourself lucky..or the lawnmower is lucky...and smart! :D

i feed my tang nori soaked in garlic, even the neon gobies will eat this, but nope, not mr. lawnmower :(
he has enough algae at the moment, but it has to run out sometime

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys... i suppose ihe has enough to eat right now as he is pooping out lil pellets in only one corner (ha and it's the corner that the Clowns host..LOL) i have a piece of Nori in there right now, just at the top of the tank, my new Veggie clip i bought tonigh brake when i opened the pack... i was majorly PO'd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts