The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pretty sure my tang has it have him in my frag tank for easy access. He was usually fed algae every other day and brine and mysis daily. Any how what should I do I have him in a low flow, no other fish, and algae easily accessible. What else could I do?

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. And the tang did not make it could you please check out my current setup and tell me if you think the carbon should be removed or if leaving it for the soft corals is OK without effecting the other fish.
R.I.P. Elton my first death in saltwater.

I haven't even had a coral death.

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I answered the wrong thread before there is a oil that in my tank that he would graze on and I added algae to supplement. And maintain the that growth for food.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Wow, first time I have read that. That is the first time I have seen a scientific study on LLE. Keep in mind that with an N that small the statistical power would not be overly impressive. Keep in mind that it is only one study and has not been peer reviewed. One sentence in particular, " Statistically, the results were definitive that activated carbon use caused HLLE in these fish." would never get by being used in a peer reviewed journal. But this was written for the hobbies and "rejecting the null hypothesis" is a lot more confusing to the average reader.

That is not to discount the study, that at least as far as I read did an excellent job of controlling confounds. Just to take the results with a grain of IO ;)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Think you missed a line in the article Jenglish.

This report is based in part on a peer-reviewed study that will be forthcoming in the North American Journal of Aquaculture (Hemdal and Odum in-press).

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Think you missed a line in the article Jenglish.

This report is based in part on a peer-reviewed study that will be forthcoming in the North American Journal of Aquaculture (Hemdal and Odum in-press).
Nope, read that part. It is based in part. They are using the same data, but I would imagine the language will not be as concrete in the published article. It doesn't change the numbers, but the language used to describe of said numbers. You won't see the word "caused" very often in a peer reviewed journal.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow, I did not read the artical. But, i think by reading this post, might of found out something . I had my hippo tang in my 60 gal soft coral tank about 4 yrs. I also have 2 very large leathers. Always had to run carbon. Last month, the hippo died. Wish i would have known. Im always doing research. I guess i missed that one.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts