The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......That'sa nice! (y)

Top of the morning, and HAPPY SUNDAY! Got 100% (CHANCE) of rain.....but don't see any yet?
Moderate temps remain, 39 heading to near 60F.....the cold snap has fallen astern for now......makes the end game easier at work on us.

Coffee is fresh, and am sure breakfast will be along at some point.....but not on the radar yet.

Got a children's BD party to go to at the end of the day for a 7 year old......my attendance isn't 'mandatory', so I have time to consider my options.:unsure:;)

May grooviness n peace reign over All,
Hack

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems breakfast will be OUT THERE.....an early trip to Lowe's has firmed that suspicion up. When ALL 3 of us decide to go to a hardware store.... you just know there's a motive.
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,863 Posts
Good. mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee! It sounds like you and your family are going to have breakfast out, so I better get things moving here I think we ought to have piping hot pancakes with Canadian maple syrup and manors and stewed apples. That need some bacon or sausage made by somebody.

If you wonder where your rain is, Hack, It is here and great amounts. Luckily I recently bought some Carolina Blue rain boots to go over my shoes. Yeah, like the olden days of my youth. 🤣 and I also have a Carolina Blue poncho. I may look odd getting out of the car today, but I will be dry.

Oh yeah, make it a groovy day everyone starting with right now!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,890 Posts
Morning all. A groovy day indeed. Two kids showed up at the house Friday night wanting to celebrate some guys 60th birthday & saying they were staying for the weekend. I wasn't arguing with them. Last night The rest of the gang showed up and we had to start the party all over again.

I am at work for now. If things are quiet I will nip out early to continue in the fun.

Have a great day.

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi'Ya Rick......nothing wrong with 'extended parties'.....especially when someone get's THAT OLD.....can't take any chances. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

· Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
Morning Hack, Cath , and those checking in today .

Rainy n gloomy appears to be the vibe for the day around here , so “indoor” is the theme for busywork .
One chore on the list is to replace the garage door rollers on all three doors of da 3 car garage, with sealed nylon ones. “Quiet” is the big upgrade selling point here ,,, sorry, pretty much the only rationalization I have in my arsenal 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄. Ok, they are old , tired and gritty n worn out ( just like me , heheh) so hence the new mo’ betta ones 🤫.

Cath, being dry is better than “fashion” or what ya think others will think when we get to a certain number of tree growth rings . “Heck with em, I’m dry , or comfy etc.,,, all that matters ta me 👍🏼” ,, is my mantra .

Looks like another week or so until the GSD breeder posts a “pregnancy confirmed “ announcement,,, one more step closer to my bouncing baby boy GSD pup 👍🏼😊 coming home with me . Have not visited the breeder’s facility yet , but imagine they will have to drag me out when I do go there , since the multiple German Shepherds in one place thing will have me drooling .

On to whatever busywork today ends up being like , can’t finish until ya start.

Hope everyone has a great day!👍🏼

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Rsin finally stop for now and temp will reach mid 70’s. More storms coming Tuesday and Wednesday.
Kristine and I started watching the sopranos this weekend. It’s pretty good. Not breaking bad but decent.
I place an order Friday for BRS 2 part. I haven’t been testing calcium or all , not anything on my reef. But I want to get more Stoney corals.The few I have are growing but not much because I haven’t focused on growing them but I may now.
we have been talking to the kids about changing up Christmas this year. Instead of a bunch of gifts we are all going to add money to a pot this Christmas and all other occasions. Then do a family trip or vacation. We were gift a weekend getaway Last Christmas from the kids that we never used , so that will go in the pot.
as far as the grandkids they will still get their presents.
then we will pick names and buy a small gift.
Now this wasn’t my plan. I was like wait. I like my presents . The cash or reef related one. But the majority won.

· Retired Wanderer
22,693 Posts
morning everyone...day four of doing nothing

I am pretty livid about HR deciding not to pay me at my new job.

Got some rain passing through today. Enjoy your Sunday.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
morning everyone...day four of doing nothing

I am pretty livid about HR deciding not to pay me at my new job.

Got some rain passing through today. Enjoy your Sunday.
Bummer Perry. When I went to work on the hurricane Gustav project in 08. I went a month without pay. I was working average of 15 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week. HR never turned in my paperwork. I was too busy with work to spend money anyway.

· Super Moderator
35,863 Posts
Morning all. A groovy day indeed. Two kids showed up at the house Friday night wanting to celebrate some guys 60th birthday & saying they were staying for the weekend. I wasn't arguing with them. Last night The rest of the gang showed up and we had to start the party all over again.

I am at work for now. If things are quiet I will nip out early to continue in the fun.

Have a great day.

Wheeeee! That’s the way to do it, Rick! Anyone celebrating the six -0 need to pile on the celebrations. And your family started right!

Jeff - I was wondering about your upcoming GRD to add to your doggy home. Looking forward to all the fun and excitement that’s surrounds you getting that new dog.
By the way, some of the people at church were envious of my rain gear.

Perry, I’ll be interested to see what your new workplace says about not paying you for the days that you worked. There are some places that hold back the first pay as a matter of policy, I don’t remember why, but they could at least tell you that.

Rain cleared up today to a nice afternoon with gusts up to 25 miles an hour. At least the wind blew away the leaves stuck to my car.

Tonight I have a Google Meet book discussion with college friends. Other than that, I’m not sure what I will do this evening. There’s plenty to do to get ready for Christmas, even if it is just planning

Make yours a groovy evening tonight!

· Administrator
61,346 Posts
Hi Gang, survived worl, blah day. Did mamage to get to super charger for phone, etc.Dif get to spend hour or so with son before he heads back to Wahingtom, He is coming down for aa couple weeks at Bhristmas :
Digs are fed and my dinner i about ready, Night all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts