The Reef Tank banner
4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dpoteat 
#1 ·
Still got a pretty hydnaphora rock ($30), a nice green star polyp rock ($15), a royal gramma basslet ($10), about 50 pounds of live rock (kind of base rock looking, but very alive) and about 100 pounds of crushed coral substrate for sale.

rock is $2.50 a pound, substrate is $0.75 a pound

There are also some sand sifting stars, a peppermint shrimp, and some snails and hermits roaming around.

$200 takes everything in the tank.

Plan on bringing your own tubs or buckets

-Brian

#5 ·
I can't get pictures for the next week or so, but if you go back to the thread where I was selling the whole tank (still for sale by the way), its the rocks towards the bottom. There's also some tongan branch in the fuge that has more coraline on it. The substrate is crushed coral, and has some feather dusters and stuff, as well as lots of little creepies and crawlies.

-Brian

#6 ·
Hey Brian-
I might be interested in your hydnophora if it's the right kind. Here is a pic of the one I had in my old tank. I'll attach a pic of the thing with the polyps kind of closed up too. Should be a dead give away if it's the same. Mine had gotten pretty big - about 16" or so.

Or, if anyone else has a frag of this, I really want one!:D

Attachments

#8 ·
those are pretty corals, and nice and big too. No, the polyps on mine are laid out more in lines than in cups. Yours almost looks like a green alvapora or goniopora with really short stalks instead of a hydnaphora. Were the cups raised off of the parent colony at all? I've heard that those are harder to keep alive, so maybe thats not it though. Hope you find another one, it can be really pretty.

Mine is a really intense green that seems to be encrusting really fast. Its almost covered the little rock that its on, and will be working on the big rock behind it soon.

-Brian

#9 ·
Hey Bob.
I got some of his rock a couple of weeks ago.
It's not pretty,but it is loaded with critters.
Tons of cool stuff.I'm looking at it right now it's not ugly,it's just not from the south pacific.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.