The Reef Tank banner
830 views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Alice 
#1 ·
This 14 August 2004, the clubs in the Pacific Northwest are joining forces to put on a large social meeting. We are looking at bringing in guest speakers and having large coral auctions. There will be plenty of sleeping camping spaces for those wanting to stay the weekend. We will be also taking 100% advantage of the Columbia River and BBQ.

So if you are into talking about reef tanks,
love coral frag auctions,
guest speakers,
water skiing,
BBQ,
camping,
parting,
and basically having a good time, then this is the meeting for you.

There is no need for membership in any of the clubs in order to participate.

More details in the very near future.

#6 ·
Hey all- Just wanted to mention that the Spokane Reef Society is supporting this as we can. I'll be making it down, and I hope to drag some others down. I'll only make it for Saturday though- Too much going on around here to take a weekend off.

I'll be bringing down an item or two help off-set the cost of the speaker too. I'm thinking a raffle, or auction would help out the most.

Zeph

#8 ·
We have a Large Auditorium reserved for this on the 14th. The Auditorium is a professional environment that can house 285 people. We want to fill it. We want to make this as cheap as possible for hobbyist. We are waiting on a reply from a guest speaker. If we get a guest speaker we may charge 20 dollars per person. We are knocking on all doors to make this a time to remember. We welcome the chance to share this hobby as a group.

Its been hard to get things going fast...But the support from Clubs out in the West to build a better relationship with Clubs is fantastic. Please join us in making this a meeting to remember. We would like to do this once a year in the future.

growing SPS is fun...
Growing SPS and talking about it with friends.....Priceless

Thanks in Advance
Ed Hahn

#9 ·
I got word this afternoon that Steve Tyree is speaking at the meeting/conference. I've seen Steve speak before and it would be worth the trip.

Now I know that the Tri-Cities is a ways from Portland, and that many people are busy with summer activities, but this conference is going to be the start of a great tradition; wouldn't you like to be in on the first one? :)

Bring the kids, bring the boat, and bring a cooler to take home frags! :beer:

#11 ·
Is it O.K. to come for just a day? Would love to see how the club puts on this show and meet/talk/trade with others. If I can work it out I would be there Sat.. Sounds like fun.

#12 ·
michael7979 said:
Is it O.K. to come for just a day? Would love to see how the club puts on this show and meet/talk/trade with others. If I can work it out I would be there Sat.. Sounds like fun.
You bet, no one is locked into this for the whole weekend.

At time draws closer to the actual date, we will be adding and making a few small changes.

#13 ·
Like? Will there be any limitations? A friend and I are trying to see if we can make it.

#17 ·
hehe im just jesting. yeah, you are 100% right, it wouldn't be to see tyree but to experience a bunch of reefness. only reason i said it is because it said somewhere above that if there was a speaker it would be something like $20. im sure it will be a great event.

#18 ·
There'll be a lot of "reefness" goin' on. ;) The biggest attraction for me at these types of events is to get to meet people I only see in print on the boards....and to find out what they have in their tanks I might want. :D

#22 ·
If I can make up there what would you trade for your ricordea? What colors do you have?

#24 ·
Yet another reason to come on over for some fun in the sun at the big meeting:

Ryan Gent, a dedicated and knowledgeable Tridacna Clam keeper, has agreed to speak. You can read more about Ryan here:
http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/r_gent_020898.html

The main idea behind the PNWMAC is to bring together reefers and SW nuts from all over the region and develop it into an ongoing event. There are already speakers lined up for next year. Hope to see you there!

Alice

#26 ·
Have you all seen the schedule for Saturday?

Saturday August 14th
9am-10:30am - morning greetings and days plan layout
10:30am- 1pm Local Tank Tour
1pm -2pm Personal time.
2pm-5pm - Battelle Auditorium for guest speakers, Steve Tyree and Ryan Gent
5;30pm - Movement to Clipper Ridge Club House.
5:30pm - 1am - Socialization, Presentations by Vendors, Tank Presentation by Steve Weast.
Silent auctions, raffles and coral trading will take place during this time.
Potluck Dinner and Possible Keg.
There is a beautiful indoor\outdoor pool for swimming and large playground in the park right out side of the club house. Perfect for children and family members who wish to have a relaxing time.
It will be great to see you again, Steve :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.