The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Well my tank is a sad looking thing compared to most of your tanks, and definitely not as "mature", but I thought I'd bite the bullet and get some pictures posted while I had a few minutes.

I started out in Jan/06 with a 29g and moved to the 55g late Mar/06 when Reefneck moved from the 55g to 75g. In early April I added about 60 lbs of LR that we purchased from a local reefer breaking down his tank (and most of you have heard the huge gorilla crab that came along with it story). I've tried to include pictures of progress from tank to tank. I'm still not sure I like the aquascaping as it stands today, and I'm sure the rocks will get rearranged many times to accommodate additions of corals, etc., but for now the arrangement has lots of "swim-throughs" for my few little fishies and overhangs to tuck my mushrooms under. Currently I'm battling a cyano/diatom outbreak so please excuse the "yuckiness" in the pictures. I'll repost them when I get a chance to clean the tank and the outbreaks are gone.

Equipment:

Tank: 55g glass tank on metal stand
Current USA Orbit 4 x 65w PC Lights
Marineland Penquin 350 BioWheel Filter
Aquaclear 50 PH
Aquaclear 402 PH
Hangon Overflow Box

Sump/Fuge: 10g DIY tank for sump/fuge
Rio 1700 Return Pump
Coralife Skimmer 65g
Rena 150 Heater

Current livestock:

1 Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish
1 Green Chromis
1 Yellow Damsel
1 Purple Puesdo
1 PJ Cardinalfish
1 Red Scooter Blenny (dragonette)
1 Green Brittle Starfish "Stubby" - regrowing all 5 legs in my fuge
1 White/Brown Serpent Starfish
10 - 20 Micro Starfish
2 Small Emerald Crabs
1 Peppermint Shrimp
5 Hermit Crabs
?? Various Snails
R.I.P. - 1 Mandarin (thanks to Beasty Crab):angry:

Other Inhabitants:

1 Green BTA (at least dinner plate size)
1 White/Brown Feather
1 Purple with White/Brown Feather
1 Blue Xenia
1 Red Xenia
1 Purple Mushroom Rock (and several others that have found their
way elsewhere in the tank)
1 Pale Green Tonga Mushroom Rock
3 Emerald Green Striped Mushrooms
2 Red Mushrooms
2 Hairy Mushrooms
1 Blue Striped Mushroom
Green Star Polyps
Frag of Clove Polyps
Frag of Green Zoos
Frag of Red/Orange Zoos
Frag of Powder Blue Zoos
2 Hidden Cup Corals
1 Orange Tunicate of some sort?
2 Peanut Worms (that I've found so far)
Way too many Spaghetti Worms
Misc. Yellow, Orange, Black sponge (on purchased LR)
Also on purchased LR - remnants of broken off Orange Monti Digitata and some Acro of some sort. Not sure if these will amount to much in my tank with the lighting I have.

Anyway here are the pics.

29g just before moving to 55g

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Full Tank Shots - 55g Initial setup and April 29th setup, plus Sump/Fuge.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
04-29-06 Partial Tank Shots

·
Registered
999 Posts
Looking good. I like the puple and white feather duster. I have digitata in my school tank under the same lighting. I have it as high as I can get it, and it does fine.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
"Coral" the GSM Clownfish, "Scootch" the Red Scooter Blenny and "PJ" the Pajama Cardinal.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
teach said:
Looking good. I like the puple and white feather duster. I have digitata in my school tank under the same lighting. I have it as high as I can get it, and it does fine.
Thanks Teach. Mine is fairly high in the tank and has shown a little bit of "spreading" but when the GBTA is out full it kind of blocks it's light.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bennihanna said:
Is that the same BTas from the 29 gal? I like the pictures from strart to finish.
Thanks. Yes, same BTA. It's been looking kind of funky in spots the past couple of days. Not sure if it's trying to decide whether it's going to split or if it was just having a reaction to some Joe's Juice that I used a few days ago. (Some may have floated onto it when PH's were turned back on)

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Looks great ReefneckWidow, really coming along nicely. Does your anenome move at all? I have the same one for my pair of GSM's and he's being a punk, moving up higher in the tank. I've never been able to keep them low in the tank for some reason. The GSM's won't get in him unless he's low in the tank.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Goldstripe said:
Looks great ReefneckWidow, really coming along nicely. Does your anenome move at all? I have the same one for my pair of GSM's and he's being a punk, moving up higher in the tank. I've never been able to keep them low in the tank for some reason. The GSM's won't get in him unless he's low in the tank.
Thank GS. No, the anenome attached its foot down in a hole in the rock and hasn't budged from Day 1. Mind you that rock has been moved from low in the tank to midway, then to it's current position about 2/3rds of the way up. It was acting strange yesterday though... reaching for the surface almost.

·
Registered
77 Posts
looka great keri and I like your refugium setup as there is not much space onder those 55g stands. Everything looks good.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
floridareefs said:
looka great keri and I like your refugium setup as there is not much space onder those 55g stands. Everything looks good.
:doh: I take little to no credit for this tank. This is the wife's tank and she does everything except for the maintenance on it. She would even do that but because she takes care of the girls 24/7 I do the hard work on her tank. When the girls get older she will want to do it herself too.

So let's hear it for ReefNeckWidow! :banana:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ocnreef said:
The tank is looking good. How is your BTA doing?
Thanks. It's acting normal again. Maybe one of these days it will split. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks Steve. It really needs some clean up work done on it yet. Need to scrape some green algae off the back and hopefully get the cyano out of there again. But, as with most tanks, it's a "work in progress".

If I remember correctly, I picked up both of my feathers at Danco Fishtails. I love the purple one! It hardly is ever closed for more than about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
A Few More "Critter" pics.

Purple Feather Duster partially out of it's tube (just after I first got it) and then Monday.

White Feather Duster.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Purple Shrooms, Powder Blue Zoos, Mini Feather Duster
Bright Green Zoo Frag

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
And after all this she gets to move it all again! :lol:

Getting another 75G this weekend and this one is for my beautiful & loving wife. So be on the look out for her build pics and finished product once the move is complete.

Now I need to find me a 120G :p

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Great thread, I am drooling over the zoo frag!!! I'll be watching your thread for more pics!!

1 - 20 of 205 Posts