The Reef Tank banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Y'All, you've got to come see what Rick went n got started down in M'Ville.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,200 Posts
Hi guys, it is so smoky we havent seen over 84F when they were calling for 90+. Still waiting for the rat man, then maybe go into town and have dinner for my GK burfday, but since I get to work in the am, may not go in if it runs long :(

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hope you get to Doug......Memories are being made!
Games about to commence here, grab yer loose change so you can see how fast mine vanishes.

“What we have in mind is breakfast in bed for 400,000” - Wavy Gravy
I think that NOT what they were thinking when they said ;breakfast in bed'. 🤔Sounds more like what the Romans may have had in mind. 😁
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,245 Posts
Evening all,
Glad you got power back Vinnie, and hope the rest of the area/state gets back to normal ASAP.

Errand morning for me , first was stopping at the local license bureau to remedy why I never got paperwork for new plates( more like a yearly sticker) on the Honda. Sis brought the dilemma up to me ( my plates were expired last time I was at her place)
and the nice lady at the place took my money, made it so IF the police ran my plate it would come back as current/valid, and gave me a temp paperwork until the plate/sticker arrives via snail mail.
Then, it was up to the credit union to find out about the money market savings account I put Blyth’s life insurance money into and for the last month it showed zero “available “ but showed the deposit etc . Ends up “whoever” put a normal 2 day hold on the deposit , but it never got “un-hold’d” for a month of waiting /checking.Bank manager checked into it, and removed the hold. Since this stuff is all new to me while Blyth was alive ( my contribution to bills/savings etc. bringing in the mail to her, heheh)I had no idea we had, or what was a “money market” savings account. Regardless what I read/“learned” online , it ended up being pretty much like a standard savings account. The manager did recommend opening a tiered “premier” savings account since the amount of dinero would rank higher interest than where it’s at now. Brain cramp , ow.
Came home to the power company tree guys still working on downing the pines at the road.

Met my one buddy at his place near me , discussed a few details about “stuff” then I stopped at the nearby Deere dealership and picked up a new , larger Stihl chain saw. I felt that with the new tree remains to cut into shorter sections , and the possibility of the same thing if I pull the trigger on having someone drop the 3 maples near the house and the tulip tree of steroids near the 3 car garage, I’ll be needing a chain saw sized for the task.
Finished daylight efforts by relocating the 8-9’ tree trunk sections left by today’s tree guy’s work today.
Imagine they will finish the last few trees after the holiday weekend.

Hoping for the “chance” of rain tonite to be a real thing, can use it around here .

On to the evening,
Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
47,200 Posts
Sounds like you are chipping away at the never ending list of chores when life changes happen.
Got a call the the rat man should be here around 5:15, well he's late :( by the time he gets done doing whatever he does it will be to late to drive into town. Brady is 16 now, I will throw him a fat gift card and he will be good.
Got to get my head around working in am, a day early :( Oh well its fat bucks

21 - 26 of 26 Posts