The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning of the end for the dreaded Shoebee bugs.....SGH!("Shoebees Go Home....one of our popular bumper stickers.")

The 'official close of the summer season here at the shore, but the beginning of the best time of the summer for us locals.....summer weather, but far less crowds.

Good night/morning Jeff.....sure hope you were able to get more shut eye.
Seeing you back in the 'water sports game' would be awesome.....especially now with the huge wave of new build threads.

Coffee is up, an I may splurge and grab an Egg McMuffin for my drive in.

Let's hope for an incredible holiday weekend for All, and safe and healthy above THAT,
Hack

SAR: GO GET....
Cath
Perry
Matt

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Mornin TRT. I just dragged myself out of bed. Drinking my coffee by the pool which is now a really pretty green. It definitely has the Uglies.

Off today and tomorrow. Work Sunday and off Monday. The wife will be canning those peaches and I will be working around the yard.

Gonna close the pool today and get it ready for winter. The water is down to the low 70’s and won’t get back up to 80 this year now.

0% chance of rain and a high of 72F. Should be a good day.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, I am proud to be from Texas. But the governor and legislature are really bad. The governor bans mask mandates claiming he is supporting individual rights then signs an anti abortion bill that basically says women don’t have the right to decide. To stay within court decisions it bars the state and enforcement but allows anyone and everyone to sue everyone involved. So in theory you could have hundreds of people suing the people involved in one abortion to get $10,000 from each person involved for damages when they have no damages.
Too bad people can’t sue the governor for wrongful death related to his stupid anti mask mandate. Parents losing children because they have to go to school and are not protected.
Sorry remove this if you think it is not appropriate.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Jerry, I get your frustration, my state is at the other extreme of the spectrum.
Gotta go in and get a blood draw for labs the FOOD and Coffee.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good to hear Vinnie. I bet that is a load off your mind. Hope the rest of the community starts to come around soon too.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Good that you got power back Vin, thats gotta be a load off. Exterminator supposed to come out this afternoon and deal with the smell from rats that ate the bait :(

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Gang....got an EMAIL from Cath......doing groovy, just no internet yet.
Will chat latter,
Hack

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was a hmmmmm.. 🤔 ,,,day at the boatyard. :rolleyes:
First 2 hours saw me 'hanging ten' on the hard top of a 48' in our creek with 20 mph winds, and the corresponding waves. Replacing a pair of cockpit lights....the owner handed us a pair of 12 VDC lights......shimmied up on the roof with a rope, and discovered they were 110 VAC existing lighting. Being up there was bad enough....climbing up and down got old ridiculously fast.

Am the new proud owner of a THREE DAY WEEKEND......first all season. Weather will be clear'ish, upper 70's to low 80's low humidity.....YARD TIME! Hack's Place is open!
Will start early tomorrow....NOT TOO EARLY, smoking a handful of cheeses while Hack n I attend some past due lawn care....all this rain and temps has seen it explode!

Poker game at Hack's tonight! I'll be the one passing my 'coral fund' over to Hack.
Peace and giggle to All,
Hack

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats on the well deserved break Hack. Enjoy it! Do you work through the winter?

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a 'technicality' right there.....
We close down in the area of December 21st, as the cold gets ridiculous....not yer stupid cold up there though. BUT through the winter I, uhhhhhh, hmmmmm, 🤔 ....'advise' the creek lowering process. 😁
We generally reopen early to mid March..... when it's still too ridiculously too cold to work.
Hack

·
Registered
264 Posts
It doesn’t get as cold here as you think Hack. It gets cold but the real stupid temps only last a week or so a couple times a winter. We have a wet cold here like you. I have been in northern Ontario at -40F and you are fine in a sweater and a windbreaker if it is sunny. Dry cold is way different and that is what they have farther North.

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah...'wet cold' is a creature unto it'self.
We may dip down into the single digits for a week...bounce back to golfing weather, then cold....then colder...a real see-saw.
Hack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts